Send Keys

What I'm needing is when a certain window pops up how can I have Autoit press "enter". Second how do I determine what the window will be or is called?

You can't determine what it "will" be called until it actually appears. Once you get a title, you can do

If WinActive("Window Name") then Send("{Enter}")

or

WinWaitActive("Window Name")

THere are alot of ways, but you have to know the title, or something about the window.

You can't determine what it "will" be called until it actually appears. Once you get a title, you can do

If WinActive("Window Name") then Send("{Enter}")

or

WinWaitActive("Window Name")

THere are alot of ways, but you have to know the title, or something about the window.

Thank you Paulie, this will be a good start.

What I'm needing is when a certain window pops up how can I have Autoit press "enter". Second how do I determine what the window will be or is called?

As Paulie said, you need to know something about the window. To get that, use the AU3Info.exe tool that came with AutoIt. The Class and Title of the window is usually the most useful information you get that way.

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

As Paulie said, you need to know something about the window. To get that, use the AU3Info.exe tool that came with AutoIt. The Class and Title of the window is usually the most useful information you get that way.

How did you know what I was thinking? Thank you PsaltyDS! You probably made a script that allows you to read people minds, right?

that is impossible BUT psaltyDS just mentioned a program that was extracted on your computer

Years and years of repetitively answering the same type of questions to the same type of people who do not search before posting.

Bingo! We have a winner!

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law