Remote Program

If your working remotely on a pc accross the network. What are some of the thing you would like ?

I have a program that I'm almost ready to release but would like to know what options people want ? So I can add some additional options.

Any susgesstions would help...

If your working remotely on a pc accross the network. What are some of the thing you would like ?

I have a program that I'm almost ready to release but would like to know what options people want ? So I can add some additional options.

Cup holders. You can never have too many cup holders.

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

To have...

-- some kind of embedded chat feature; there have been countless times, when i have to open up notepad on the clients computer, so that they and i can communicate.

-- the ability to send a file from that remote computer to the one youre working from without going through the painstaking process of emailing it to yourself from the remote computer.

Instant Lockerz Invite - www.instantlockerzinvite.co.uk

To have...

-- some kind of embedded chat feature; there have been countless times, when i have to open up notepad on the clients computer, so that they and i can communicate.

-- the ability to send a file from that remote computer to the one youre working from without going through the painstaking process of emailing it to yourself from the remote computer.

Your talking Over the Internet ? This is for a Domain setup. Yes it has both those features already.

How graphically pretty do you think is critical to the program. I have always kept it K.I.S.S and tried to get the most functionality out of it and speed...

This post needs more description/detail. Period.

Like, what features does your little tool have in the first place? (kinda silly for people to offer suggestions for things you already have, but then again, how were they supposed to know?)

Or how about a screenshot?

Or *gasp* how about the code for your tool?

This post needs more description/detail. Period.

Like, what features does your little tool have in the first place? (kinda silly for people to offer suggestions for things you already have, but then again, how were they supposed to know?)

Or how about a screenshot?

Or *gasp* how about the code for your tool?

OK fair enough..

Alright I have uploaded 3 screen shots of the program ....

so far I have added Cupholders and CowBells as requested :P

Thanks

post-21222-1236951624_thumb.jpg

post-21222-1236951636_thumb.jpg

post-21222-1236951645_thumb.jpg

Hmm, does the CD open/close work for multiple drives?

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

Your talking Over the Internet ? This is for a Domain setup. Yes it has both those features already.

How graphically pretty do you think is critical to the program. I have always kept it K.I.S.S and tried to get the most functionality out of it and speed...

why can't you just map your remote ip to your current network drive. that way you don't have to email it to yourself.

<It Shall Be Done>

hey ghost this one is realy important........ to make it the best for me its gotta have a ability to where it can monitor text on a screen , hence.... if i have email open and logged in, and im away from my keyboard away from home, that i can use my cellphone to sms and send a email txt to my email...... after my email updates from the txt from my phone.. the remote program of yours would see the txt change and macro or script what i need from my cellphone to computer... i'm working on this but if u could put it in your remote then it'd be real good , if u could somehow work that into it it'd be great

Hmm, does the CD open/close work for multiple drives?

Well Hmm.. Never tried... I will add that in.. It does go and find say if your cd is F: Mine is X: or D: or E: ot will see that but haven't tried two or more I guess.

hey ghost this one is realy important........ to make it the best for me its gotta have a ability to where it can monitor text on a screen , hence.... if i have email open and logged in, and im away from my keyboard away from home, that i can use my cellphone to sms and send a email txt to my email...... after my email updates from the txt from my phone.. the remote program of yours would see the txt change and macro or script what i need from my cellphone to computer... i'm working on this but if u could put it in your remote then it'd be real good , if u could somehow work that into it it'd be great

Hahah Funny you said that... I added that about a week ago.. Scary, Scary , Scary It will even send you back a fax , sms if you want ..

Sorry if this is any duplicates but I only had a quick look at your screen shots but the below spring to mind

Load Computer Management for Remote Machine

Active Directory OU Container

PC Wakeup

GP Update Remote Machine

Sorry if this is any duplicates but I only had a quick look at your screen shots but the below spring to mind

Load Computer Management for Remote Machine

Active Directory OU Container

PC Wakeup

GP Update Remote Machine

Load Computer Management for Remote Machine - Already in there

PC Wake up = Wake ON lan - Done

Active Directory OU Container - Working on that

GP Update Remote Machine - Almost Done..

Come on people Need more Ideas...

• 1 year later...

live screen preview with GDI+(updating only pixels that have changed, not constant stream of images to save bandwidth + preformance)

remote desktop, live chat in bottom right corner of screen.(look at team viewer for a better idea of what I mean.)

more RAT like interface with more tabs for organization, and ability to handle several computers at once by selecting the one to manage.(more taps, spread out more)

ability to build server exe files.

ability to install a vpn driver on all pcs to network them together in a vpn.(Network Adapter Driver)

enable sharing of all drives in a hub and spoke type vpn setting.(NetBIOS)

optional web interface accessible from any pc, with full power of GUI(AUCGI)

enough suggestions for you?

:( and where are the cup holders?! and the cow bells?!

How about an ash tray too, ya know the kind that slide out of the the bottom.

[center][/center][center]=][u][/u][/center][center][/center]

What I'd like to see is the program have "internet" cabablility. :)

I don't work in and office/building and the remote work I do is ALL over the net so I'm being a little selfish. :)

But apart from that great work I can't think of anything else that I'd add. :(

I've got a similar, less feature-rich utility for my corporation. We have several processes/services we like to keep running at all times. So, I've put a series of buttons on top that show a red/yellow/green status of the important services. Right clicking allows for start/stop/restart of service. I should put enable/disable in there too... Thanks for the idea! :(

I've got buttons to open registry editor for the remote computer, see and add/edit scheduled tasks. I have a screen to get "details" that are useful to techs - computer name, ip, logged on user, user's phone number, OS, OS Service Pack, Date created/Date Changed from AD, Free Space on the C drive, Last Boot time, processor, memory, make/model, type. It also checks if our antivirus is running and which AV server it is using and make sure our monitoring agent is running and what profile it is using. Also have a Copy feature that can copy one line or the whole 'details' window so that our help-line can copy/paste into a service request ticket.

It can launch our remote control/view programs with two clicks as well. The "Cleanup" feature empties temp internet files and temp directory for every profile and also checks profile age and deletes any profiles that are older than a year (making sure not to touch "Administrator" or "All Users"). I've seen it clear 4 gigs before!

Currently it is very specific to our environment, but I am working on making it more customizable and "portable" as well as adding features.

The load regedit doesn't work right in windows 7 because 7 asks for permission so my sendkeys don't work... do you know of a better way to open regedit to the remote computer? Maybe a different (free) registry editing program that has command line? Opening Computer Manager to the remote computer would be nice too.

Thanks for getting me thinking about a few things... :)

OH! and the reason I was looking on the forums today!! When sending install files, it would be great to have the ability to bandwidth limit the transfer...

... and I just added a feature to let you pop up a message box on the remote computer. It uses a custom proggie and scheduled tasks to customize the message instead of going with Messenger/Net Send/Msg.exe - those were proving to be too unreliable.

EDIT : Found a way to fix the Registry Editor issue and open Computer Management directly to the remote computer via command line. Using O&O Regedtor instead of Regedit. Portable (no install) and really awesome.

Edited by Graywalker

What I'd like to see is the program have "internet" cabablility. :)

I don't work in and office/building and the remote work I do is ALL over the net so I'm being a little selfish. :(

If it is all for one company, wouldn't they have VPN? Most should work over VPN.

If it is all for one company, wouldn't they have VPN? Most should work over VPN.

Nope... :) That would make it easy. They are mostly home customers and small businesses... even the ones with servers have no need for remote access for company employees.

I'm working on a system different from yours but in the same ball park that will give my scripts "phone home" capabilities through a central hub. The full system will be to do regular maintence (scanning, defrag, etc) and after each take is complete to send me (my Server) a report so I can make sure everything is working ok. It's in teh VERY early stages. :) Because I keep thinking of things the coms will have to do so I have to respec... :(