using own computer and remote desktop

Say if I have a computer that can remote desktop into another server. I need autoit to automate some stuff on my own computer but at the same time interact with the remote desktop, possibly extracting information.

How does Autoit recognize the 2 different computers?

For example i have a list of ip addresses and their ID's in an excel in my own computer and i need to remote desktop into another computer and using the cmd window in that computer execute some commands involving this ID number.

<It Shall Be Done>

Well, you can use

MsgBox(0,"",EnvGet("sessionname"))

Which will return 'console' on a local login and 'RDP' on a remote one...

You should be able to send keystrokes to the remote login window as usual, I'm not sure about extracting... Are you sure you can't just remote read a file or registry key to get the information you want?

You should be able to send keystrokes to the remote login window as usual, I'm not sure about extracting... Are you sure you can't just remote read a file or registry key to get the information you want?

RDP is just screen refreshes going back and forth, so I don't think AutoIt3 would be able to "see" inside the session to grab windows, etc. Maybe you could get creative and have a child script running within the console as well and the parent script could send commands to the child script if you need them both to work together.

Are you using Windows XP Remote desktop connection?

I do this all the time to automate some scripts on my desktop pc while i'm at home.

Whats your setup like? Maybe there's an easier way to do it.

Possibly upoading a batch file that stores the output into some folder and have the script retrieve the contents...

Do you have some more info.