crypting file (not .txt)

hi, i have searched, downloaded alot of scripts ,... but havent figured out how to crypt a file (no matter which file) with a password u set.

So i right click on the file , get in context "cryp/decrypt" and it will ask me for the password and crypt or decrypt it. Ofcourse the context stuff isn´t needed.. i just need the cryp/decrypt part as i rly cant get it work.. doesnt matter which udf i use :unsure:

i got a script which crypted files with some crypting lvl.. but this is rly buggy and only works with .txt or .ini.. same for all the other crypt scripts i tried yet. any help? :P

thx bb

no i thought this could only crypt .txt files or .ini files.. so no .exe files or ..jpg or what ever

which crypting lvl is recommended? cant i somehow get my own string to crypt with? so it will crypt with my string + pw?

• Developers

hmm sry kafu dont rly know what to do with it :P

Hey, please explain what you exactly want to do and why?

Why do you want to encrypt a program file?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

okay so first of all this script should be part of a password manager and also replaces my current crypt-programm (bloatware from my asus notebook.. asus data security manager which is pretty shitty :unsure: ).

So what i want to do:

Right click on file/folder and in context menu u get encrypt/decrypt . when u click it it wants you to enter a pw and if its correct it will encrypt/decrypt. (also for encrypting it must be the right password so no one can jsut come to my laptop and encrypt some files with some random pw :D .. so i will set a password somewhere).

When doing that on a folder not the whole folder will be crypted.. only the files + sub-folder and their files. so u still can open the folder but cant open any file. (should be easier)

why ANY files?

well i when i didn´t had a crypting programm or password manager i just renamed the passwords.txt into passwords.jpg and 90% of ppl who tried to open this file didn´t knew how :DD

besides that i also want to crypt pictures or videos or any other data which i dont want to be opened from someone else. propably i dont need .exe files but i thought it would be possible with ANY file. if not the most important files would be txt,ini,jpg

so one main feature is to crypt files so no one can open it

2nd feature: i will make a little pw manager (i´m trying too ;P) and want to also use this future there. So the pw.txt will be crypted/encrypted with the same way. Propably i would add to my pw manager also a feature that it will rename the .txt to .jpg and then encrypts :P