PixelChecksum problem

Hello,

I'm developping a MTGO (Magic the Gathering Online) Smartbot (Trading Bot) using AutoIt. When I tried the bot in a different machine, nothing worked (It was my mistake because the new version uses 3D hardware acceleration). I have switched to software rendering and managed to have the exact same display on two of my computers (both with nvidia graphic cards). However, in a laptop I own (with intel graphic controller), the display is different, even if I have software rendering on. This is another problem I'll have to deal with and perhaps I'll have to change the logic that in order to recognize ojects on the screen.

I rely on PixelChecksum in order to identify objects on precise locations over the screen. I have checked that on both computers I have the exact same colors over each pixel, but AutoIt provides different PixelChecksums for the same area on each computer. I'm running the same windows version, same AutoIt version, same everything. Is PixelChecksum hardware dependent ?.

I'm open to all of your suggestions, perhaps I'll have to change the logic for the object recognition. Any ideas please ?.

Thank you all.

Hi FireFox,

Thank you for your reply. However, I know how PixelChecksum works so the FAQ section is not what I was looking for. My question regarding PixelChecksum was: It is hardware dependend ?. I have a 4 pixel area with same colors on it, and I'm having differents PixelChecksums. I know that PixelChecksum is normally used to see if a region changed, but if it's actually a checksum which depends on the color of each pixel involved, I think we should have the same value on each computer.

I was also asking if the is a better approach other than using pixelchecksum to recognize patterns on the screen.

I've been working for three weeks with AutoIt, found a lot af help on the forums, and I always use the search engine :P. However, I'm kind of stuck right now and this is why I'm asking for help.

amazeika, the PixelChecksum version is not hardware dependant in how it calculates the check sum. It may however be the case that AutoIt is unable to read the pixels and return the pixel color of the underlying window or simply a black pixel color.

Apart from that, there are more other methods to identify objects that allow for variations in the objects. But if you can get around using PixelChecksum then I recommend that over anything.

Hello,

I wanted to say that PixelChecksum works fine. The problem that I was having is related to the tool that I was using for the captures while programming the bot:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...elchecksum+tool

(I modified the program a little bit in order to provide a checksum for the desired area).

Using MTGO, this tools provides different results on different computers and sometimes, different checksums while directly using PixelChecksum on the same computer (direct PixelChecksum differs from the one provided by the script), so how weird is that?. I think that Manadar was right about the tool getting the wrong pixel colors (perhaps those behind?, who knows). I don't blame the script, I blame MTGO :P.

MTGO bot programmers should not use this script in order to get checksums of objects. Make your own 2 line script to get checksums and copy the value directly to the clipboard. I use the script though to get the coordinates of the box.

Thank you all for your help.