"nil" as keyword

Yashied

Wrong. Nil is usually an object that means "no object". As Manadar pointed out, a language recognizes attempts to use Nil as something and flags an error. It *does not* mean "NULL Pointer". A NULL pointer is for all intents and purposes 0x00000000. You keep bringing pointers into this and that further napalms your entire effort because keywords like nil have nothing to do with pointers.

If you're using nil then you are referring to an invalid or uninitialized variable. Like Ruby or Lua.

Not a pointer.

... like Turbo Pascal and Delphi, etc.

Manadar, this is the same. I am talking only about the syntax of programming languages. Although why in AutoIt are the keywords "True" and "False". They, too, can always be replaced by 0 or 1. Only the syntax of the language will be corrupted, which in my opinion is far from being the last importance. But in any case, there is no need to continue the dispute, as Valik said that it's not going to happen.

Thanks.

:P

... like Turbo Pascal and Delphi, etc.

Manadar, this is the same. I am talking only about the syntax of programming languages. Although why in AutoIt are the keywords "True" and "False". They, too, can always be replaced by 0 or 1. Only the syntax of the language will be corrupted, which in my opinion is far from being the last importance. But in any case, there is no need to continue the dispute, as Valik said that it's not going to happen.

Thanks.

:P

AutoIt didn't have True and False, originally. Those two keywords were added because of COM. As was the Default keyword.