Is this possibal in AutoIt?

Hey all.

OK so i need to write a program to make life eaiser for myself and my wife.

What I need it to do (in order)

1: Open a web browser.

2: Go to a specified Web page

3: Refresh the Web page

4: Click on a specified set of mouse coordinates on the web page

5 Open a new tab and repeat steps 2-4 for the same or a different web page.

I really hope this can be done with AutoIT, if not does anyone know what type of file/program this would be best for?

Thanks

Adam.

Hey all.

...and you've read the help file and tried the tutorials?

While you were reading the help file, did you like the _IE* functions you found there?

While you were reading the help file, did you enjoy the Mouse* functions and their example scripts?

While you were reading the help file and trying out the cool example scripts, did you notice the loop operators like For/Next and While/WEnd?

I really hope this can be done with AutoIT, if not does anyone know what type of file/program this would be best for?

Thanks

Adam.

Easy to do once you've learned some basics.

Welcome to AutoIt!

:P

P.S. Read the help file.

:unsure:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

First of all. Hi and Welcome to the forum!

• You will need to use the _IE UDF. Open the helpfile and go to "IE Management", specifically look for _IECreate() and _IEAction(), and maybe run _IE_Introduction().
  • See prevoius answer.
  • See prevoius answer.
  • You need MouseClick()/ControlClick() to click on coordinates, but that should only be used if none of the _IE* funcs work.
  • No idea, maybe _IE* stuff. See "Loop Statements" in helpfile for loops.
Edited by AdmiralAlkex

OK I'm starting to understand it some, except for one problem. The IE commands are just that commands for IE, I really don't like using IE on my machine, I preffer Firefox or Opera. Am I going to only be able to use IE or is there a way to make it work with Firefox/Opera?

Thanks.

(Going to back to reading the help file)

OK I'm starting to understand it some, except for one problem. The IE commands are just that commands for IE, I really don't like using IE on my machine, I preffer Firefox or Opera. Am I going to only be able to use IE or is there a way to make it work with Firefox/Opera?

Thanks.

(Going to back to reading the help file)

There is a FF.au3 for controlling FireFox, Opera is not scriptable in this way.

Edit: HERE is a feature comparison

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

Hey all.

Thanks

Adam.

O.K, now I'm really curious! How does this make LIFE easier for yourself and your wife???

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

We run a restraunt, Depending on the time of year I have to check through 60-80 vendors web sites to see their inventory list and prices, if I can make a script to open all their inventory lists at once in tabs I can go through them that much faster, which belie me will mkae life easier.

For 1 and 2

ShellExecute("http://dundats.mvps.org/help/")

Followed by something like WinWait()

For #3

Send("{F5}")

NOTE: Might not even be required

#4 = already answered (MouseClick)

Repeat 1 to 4

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

How about this:

run ("c:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\Firefox.exe yahoo.com autoitscript.com games.com")

You can all 80 or so pages in there and get it to open each in its own tab. Just put the website names separated with a space.

:P

#include <ByteMe.au3>