TCPSend not sending (says it did)

Okay well, I've had Raw HTTP programs working before, but apparently I messed something up more recently.

This program was supposed to connect to www.example.com and download the index page there. (path /)

However, it connected as it was supposed to and reported that it sent all of the data, but no response data is received from the server.

After some debugging with a locally-hosted HTTP server, I determined that the problem was not HTTP-related.

I noticed that the script connects to the server but does not send any data to the server.

When the server sends a 408 Request Timeout response, the script also does not receive it.

I have been staring at this until my eyes hurt. I have had other Raw HTTP scripts that work fine.

If possible, would like to know what obvious thing I missed.

I will be, undoubtedly, embarrassed to have missed something, but at least I will know all of the rules once again.

Things I have tried:

• Tweaking the TCPTimeout
  • Adding delays between Connect & Send
  • etc.

Local $domain='www.example.com'
Local $sdata='GET / HTTP/1.1' & @CRLF & _ 
'Host: '& $domain & @CRLF & _ 
'Connection: close' & @CRLF

Opt("TCPTimeout",100)

TCPStartup()
ConsoleWrite('TCPStartup Err='&@error&@CRLF)
Local $ip=TCPNameToIP($domain)
Local $sc=TCPConnect($ip,80)
ConsoleWrite($sc&' - TCPConnect: '&$ip&':80'&@CRLF)
Local $sn=TCPSend($sc,$sdata); TCPSend($sc,StringToBinary($sdata)); didn't work either.
ConsoleWrite('-----------SENT:'&@CRLF&$sdata&@CRLF&'-----------'&@CRLF)
ConsoleWrite($sc&' - TCPSend: '&$sn&'/'&StringLen($sdata)&' Err='&@error&@CRLF)
Local $recv=''
Local $timerA=TimerInit()
Local $rc,$len
While 1
    $rc=TCPRecv($sc,1000,1)
    If @error Then
        ConsoleWrite($sc&' - TCPRecv Err='&@error&@CRLF)
        ExitLoop; stop on error
    EndIf

$rc=BinaryToString($rc); since we chose to recv as a Binary type
    $len=StringLen($rc)
    If $len>0 Then
        ConsoleWrite($sc&' - TCPRecv Len='&$len&@CRLF)
        $recv&=$rc
    EndIf
    If TimerDiff($timerA)>15000 Then
        ConsoleWrite($sc&' - TCPRecv, RESPONSE TIMEOUT!'&@CRLF)
        ExitLoop; exit on our max timeout
    EndIf
    Sleep(250)
WEnd
ConsoleWrite('-----------RECV:'&@CRLF&$recv&@CRLF&'-----------'&@CRLF)
TCPCloseSocket($sc)
ConsoleWrite($sc&' - TCPCloseSocket Err='&@error&@CRLF)
TCPShutdown()
ConsoleWrite($sc&' - TCPShutdown Err='&@error&@CRLF)
Exit

My Console Output:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /prod /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\New AutoIt v3 Script.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\.." /UserParams  
+>12:33:20 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.9.2
>Running:(3.2.12.1):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Desktop\New AutoIt v3 Script.au3"    

TCPStartup Err=0
1804 - TCPConnect: 208.77.188.166:80
-----------SENT:
GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: www.example.com
Connection: close

-----------
1804 - TCPSend: 58/58 Err=0
1804 - TCPRecv, RESPONSE TIMEOUT!
-----------RECV:

-----------
1804 - TCPCloseSocket Err=0
1804 - TCPShutdown Err=0

+>12:33:36 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0
+>12:33:37 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished
>Exit code: 0   Time: 18.036

Edit: removed a meaningless comment from script

Edited by crashdemons

My Projects - WindowDarken (Darken except the active window) Yahsmosis Chat Client (Discontinued) StarShooter Game (Red alert! All hands to battlestations!) YMSG Protocol Support (Discontinued) Circular Keyboard and OSK example. (aka Iris KB) Target Screensaver Drive Toolbar Thingy Rollup Pro (Minimize-to-Titlebar & More!) 2D Launcher physics example Ascii Screenshot AutoIt3 Quine Example ("Is a Quine" is a Quine.) USB Lock (Another system keydrive - with a toast.)

Not to bump the thread, but...

Any Guesses?

My Projects - WindowDarken (Darken except the active window) Yahsmosis Chat Client (Discontinued) StarShooter Game (Red alert! All hands to battlestations!) YMSG Protocol Support (Discontinued) Circular Keyboard and OSK example. (aka Iris KB) Target Screensaver Drive Toolbar Thingy Rollup Pro (Minimize-to-Titlebar & More!) 2D Launcher physics example Ascii Screenshot AutoIt3 Quine Example ("Is a Quine" is a Quine.) USB Lock (Another system keydrive - with a toast.)

Simple problem. HTTP standards say every packet should end with two LF characters. You end it with one char, so it is not parsed by the server and will create a time out.

Here is changed code:

'Connection: close' & @CRLF & @CRLF

Rest is the same.

Simple problem. HTTP standards say every packet should end with two LF characters. You end it with one char, so it is not parsed by the server and will create a time out.

Here is changed code:

'Connection: close' & @CRLF & @CRLF

Rest is the same.

That works

- My ISP must be filtering invalid HTTP requests because I had a server (not even an HTTP Server, just a receiver) program listening for any data remotely and it just wouldn't get anything.

Thanks.

Edited by crashdemons

Can't be a router because I'm on dial-a-slug. :P