How to make a file undeletable?

Inyu

How can you make a file un-deletable with auto-it?

I second that. Why would you want to do that? Let me guess...you have someone else who is giving you an issue, and you need to stop them from doing something? Am I right?

The question remains - What is the issue that requires you to do this? What you are asking for is very shady to say the least. There is almost no reason I can think of to do this except if the file is for the operating system to function correctly. I think Microsoft covered that, so there isn't much reason otherwise.

So, lets hear it...

I second that. Why would you want to do that? Let me guess...you have someone else who is giving you an issue, and you need to stop them from doing something? Am I right?

The question remains - What is the issue that requires you to do this? What you are asking for is very shady to say the least. There is almost no reason I can think of to do this except if the file is for the operating system to function correctly. I think Microsoft covered that, so there isn't much reason otherwise.

So, lets hear it...

I wanna make valuable files on my computer un-deletable because lots of people use my computer and the majority of them[all but one] don't know what their doing and usually just click around on everything looking for something to do. . :\ [may use it to make a anti virus.To stop files from being replaced\removed by viruses]

I wanna make valuable files on my computer un-deletable because lots of people use my computer and the majority of them[all but one] don't know what their doing and usually just click around on everything looking for something to do. . :\ [may use it to make a anti virus.To stop files from being replaced\removed by viruses]

Fine. Create a new user for yourself. Move all of your "valuables" to a new folder in the root of the drive. Remove all permissions to the folder except for yourself. Done.

nothing in autoit except maybe making its attribs +SH so its "superhiden", and you cant see the file unless the SUPERHIDDEN REGkey = 1 or unless you change the fileattrib yourself

nothing in autoit except maybe making its attribs +SH so its "superhiden", and you cant see the file unless the SUPERHIDDEN REGkey = 1 or unless you change the fileattrib yourself

S = System

H = Hidden

Not superhidden, heh.

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

yeah. but people DO call it that cause it is invisible unless you edit the REG key and on MY personal computer is is called SUPERHIDEN regkey :P whatever i know its system and hidden combined but SUPERHIDDEN sounds cool

EDIT

im sorry for topidstealing this but no one sofar has found any files\folders i have "system" & "hid" so im guessing there safe

Edited by CodyBarrett

• 2 months later...

You don't need to change the registry to see them.

Just enable "show hidden and system files" in windows explorer folder options.

It's quit possible that the UI is just changing that reg entry.

But it can be enabled in windows explorer with three clicks.

It's always one of the first things I do when I configure a computer for myself.

-Kenny

Edited by ken82m

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains... Go anywhere, when it is quiet, and just listen.. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged.... Long after we are gone our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."

There's a few interesting freeware tools here that should solve your problem.

http://www.canadiancontent.net/tech/freewa...der+Protection/

I haven't tried any of these but I would look at the "CryptArchiver" it creates a virtual drive so it should be easy to work with.

-Kenny

Edited by ken82m

"I believe that when we leave a place, part of it goes with us and part of us remains... Go anywhere, when it is quiet, and just listen.. After a while, you will hear the echoes of all our conversations, every thought and word we've exchanged.... Long after we are gone our voices will linger in these walls for as long as this place remains."

hmm lock the file, hadn't thought of that one.

But you'd have to an open on the entire folder structure, otherwise it would only protect the root folder. All it's child objects could still be deleted.

Unless AutoIT's open command works a little different to most apps.