String headache

Hi,

Having given myself a headache trying to work this one out, looking at stringsplit and searching the forums etc.....

What I want to do is read a reg value as a variable (so far so good)

This key will usually(but not always) contain a backslash (it is refering to a servername and sql instance so would normally by server\instance) but obviously server and instance name may change in name and length.

what I want to do is read this as a variable and strip out everything after the backslash (including the backslash itself)

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Hi,

Having given myself a headache trying to work this one out, looking at stringsplit and searching the forums etc.....

This key will usually(but not always) contain a backslash (it is refering to a servername and sql instance so would normally by server\instance) but obviously server and instance name may change in name and length.

what I want to do is read this as a variable and strip out everything after the backslash (including the backslash itself)

Thanks

Do you have some code already? (To start)

Hi,

Thanks

RegexReplace!

Pattern:

CODE
\\.*

Replace:

CODE

Should look like:

CODE
$ServerName = StringRegExpReplace($Text, "\\.*", "", 0)

Also there is an SRE tester in my sig thatw ill help you a lot for learning how to do these=)

Edited by Szhlopp

RegexReplace!

Pattern:

CODE
\\.*

Replace:

CODE

Should look like:

CODE
$ServerName = StringRegExpReplace($Text, "\\.*", "", 0)

Also there is an SRE tester in my sig thatw ill help you a lot for learning how to do these=)

Fantastic! Such a simple solution. Many thanks for all your advice! :P