Alt+Tab replacement

sandin

Very cool script. And hey - I recognize one of those functions ;-). Regarding previous mentions of white lines - I do occasionally get a tiny white line on the bottom left of the window pics, but its hardly noticeable to me.

Also, just a small note or two about that _WinGetPath() function - the function opens and closes DLL handles on each call to the function (not very efficient), and lacks error handling (try getting a path for csrss.exe, and you'll get a garbage string back). It will also fail on Windows x64. (For alternatives/solutions see my _WinAPI_ProcessGetFileName & _WinAPI_ProcessGetPathname functions) But anyhow, for Win x32 'AltTab' windows it probably won't be a problem.

Anyway, just thought I'd point that out - otherwise, a very cool script

-Ascend4nt

*edit: just fyi - running Windows XP, ServicePack3

Edited by ascendant

Hmm.. this is the first I've gotten that type of feedback... interesting. What OS are you using? And the @error=2 is from _WinAPI_ProcessGetFileName() or _WinAPI_ProcessGetPathname() function? And was the @error from all processes? Maybe we should discuss this in that thread instead to keep this thread from going off topic.

Thx,

Ascend4nt

I can't get it to work very well with Vista 64bit. It will open your GUI, but when I push tab a few times to cycle through the options the default windows Alt+Tab will pop up and your script will freeze. It works fine, except for whenever I push tab more than twice. Maybe you could make an Alt+` instead of Alt+Tab...

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

I get a crash too as soon as I try the first ALT-TAB:

I see the dark GUI form with some icons at the bottom & the caption of the current window, but then but I get a message box with:

:P

I'm on XP Pro with SP3 and AutoIt 3.3.0.0

This error's back.

Running from SciTE or running compiled.

If you add this, you can switch multiple windows by holding tab down:

AdlibEnable("test",500)
Func test()
    $lock_tab = False
EndFunc

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

@ProgAndy:

that is neat add-on, tnx :P

I have question for you all, would you like it better if the main icon (selected window) is placed in the 1st or 2nd spot, and all next windows/icons to the right (so icons/windows won't repeat themselves)? Or it should stay like this (main icon/window in the middle with all existing windows previous/next to the left/right side of the main one, but the icons repeat themselves (but in the right order, to the left as previous or to the right as next))

Ah, more like the second one but instead of the selector moving, move the icons. And it would be better imo if the icons where centered if the didn't fill the bottom area.

Edit: Now that I think about it, if you keep the selector box, centered would be good. I change my vote to that.

Edited by youknowwho4eva

Giggity

I get

AltTab.au3(595,77) : ERROR: StringeStr(): undefined function.

If StringeStr($sImageFilename,$_aINTDeviceToDriveMapArray[$i][1])

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

when I try to run the Alt_Tab_KOCKICA.au3 version.

Where do I find this function? I'm running AutoIt 3.3.0

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

You are right - it's my fault :P A Firefox Plugin to remove the german "Binnen-I" alteres the source code.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 1 month later...

Unfortunatly I still get the error...

_WinAPI_DestroyIcon: Cannot destroy object created by another thread.

The script looks awesome from what I can see of the screenshots.

Windows XP SP2

Autoit 3.3.0.0

Thanks!

AutoIt changed my life.