Access 2007 connection problem

I have a program that I am trying to get working with Access 2007. It works flawlessly with 2003 but as soon as I change the driver to the 2007 driver it fails on the open command. I added the com error handler in but really gives me no clue to what the problem is since it comes back with Unspecified error.

Any help on a connection would be greatly appreciated.

As you can see in the code below there is an INI file that holds the database location and the table called Table1 has a "CUSTOMER Id", "Customer Name", "CITY", "STATE", and "Phone" fileds.

The program accepts a phone number in the form 1112223333 and then adds the dashes in for lookup in the table.

#include<array.au3>

#include<Access.au3>

#include<GuiConstantsEx.au3>

#include <GUIListBox.au3>

Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1)

Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1)

Global $sqlCon, $adoRs, $output, $phonenumber, $address, $city, $state, $zip, $qryPhone, $phoneDash, $custID, $addressid

Global $custName, $inphone, $outputcust, $DBLoc, $count, $PickWnd, $custlist, $custlabel, $clipBtn,$oMyError

;~ $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error","MyErrFunc")

If $cmdline[0] <> 0 Then

$inphone = $cmdline[1]

;~   $outputcust = $cmdline[2]

;~   msgbox(0,"error",$inphone)

Else

MsgBox(0, "Error", "No parameters given")

EndIf

$PickWnd = GUICreate("PhonePop", 500, 250)

GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "_Events")

GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_MINIMIZE, "_Events")

GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_RESTORE, "_Events")

$custlist = GUICtrlCreateList("", 10, 10, 240, 125)

$custlabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 260, 10, 200, 125)

$clipBtn = GUICtrlCreateButton("Ok", 225, 175, 50)

GUICtrlSetOnEvent($clipBtn, "ClipButton")

ConnectDB()

GUISwitch($PickWnd)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $PickWnd)

While 1

Sleep(60)

WEnd

Func ConnectDB()

$DBLoc = IniRead(".\PhonePop.ini", "DatabaseLoc", "DB", "")

$sqlCon = ObjCreate("ADODB.Connection")

$sqlCon.Open("DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb,*.accdb)};DBQ="& $DBLoc,3,1)

;~   $qryPhone = getPhoneNo()

$qryPhone = $inphone

$phoneDash = StringMid($qryPhone, 1, 3) & "-" & StringMid($qryPhone, 4, 3) & "-" & StringMid($qryPhone, 7, 4)

;~   msgbox(0,"Test",$phoneDash)

;~ msgbox(0,"Test",$outputcust)

$count = 0

$adoRs = $sqlCon.Execute("Select DISTINCT * From Table1 WHERE Phone ='" & $phoneDash & "'")

With $adoRs

While Not .EOF

$count = $count + 1

.moveNext

WEnd

If $count = 0 Then

Exit

EndIf

EndWith

;~   msgbox(0,"",$count)

With $adoRs

.moveFirst

While Not .EOF

$custID = $adoRs.Fields("CUSTOMER Id" ).value

$custName = $adoRs.Fields("Customer Name" ).value

;$addressid = $adoRs.Fields("ADDRESS Line1").value

;$address = $adoRs.Fields("ADDRESS Line2").value

;$zip = $adoRs.Fields("ZIP CODE").value

$city = $adoRs.Fields("CITY" ).value

$state = $adoRs.Fields("STATE" ).value

$phonenumber = $adoRs.Fields("Phone" ).value

GUICtrlSetData($custlist, $custID, $custID)

$output = $custName & @CRLF & $city & ", " & $state & @CRLF & @CRLF & $phonenumber

GUICtrlSetData($custlabel, $output)

;~           msgbox(0,"Test",$output )

;~           ClipPut($custID)

.moveNext

WEnd

EndWith

$sqlCon.Close

_GUICtrlListBox_ClickItem($custlist, 0, "left")

EndFunc ;==>ConnectDB

Func ClipButton()

ClipPut(GUICtrlRead($custlist))

WinActivate("[CLASS:WFIcaClient]")

Exit

EndFunc ;==>ClipButton

Func _Events()

Switch @GUI_CtrlId

Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

Exit

Case $GUI_EVENT_MINIMIZE

Case $GUI_EVENT_RESTORE

Case Else

EndSwitch

EndFunc ;==>_Events

Func MyErrFunc()

Local $HexNumber,$g_eventerror

$HexNumber=hex($oMyError.Number,8)

MsgBox(0,"","We intercepted a COM Error !" & @CRLF & _

"Number is: " & $HexNumber & @CRLF & _

"Windescription is: " & $oMyError.Windescription)

$g_eventerror = 1

EndFunc

Take a look at some of the functions in here.

My access udf

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

I ended up using the provider way of connecting and was still having an issue when running it from inside of my other program and found out I needed to add the full location of the INI file for my other program to read it.

Thanks for the help GEOSoft you did get me in the right direction.

I ended up using the provider way of connecting and was still having an issue when running it from inside of my other program and found out I needed to add the full location of the INI file for my other program to read it.

Glad it helped. I only meant for you to use the UDF for examples. That file needs to be updated with a _Access_GetProvider() function as well as a _Access_TableToArray() func that I have worked on.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Since you are using an INI file, you might want to store the driver string within the INI file and read it to build the connection string.

This way when the next version of Office/Access comes along you can modify the INI file accordingly and your application would still work.

Glad it helped. I only meant for you to use the UDF for examples. That file needs to be updated with a _Access_GetProvider() function as well as a _Access_TableToArray() func that I have worked on.

The _Access_GetProvider() wouldn't be too hard for Access since really most people will either be using the new for office 2007 "Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0" or "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" for most everybody else.

If 12 or greater new Provider if less than 12 old provider.

$objCheck = ObjCreate("Access.application")
$offVersion = $objCheck.Version
If "12" == StringLeft($offVersion,2) Then
$oProvider="Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0" 
Else
 $oProvider="Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"
EndIf</P> <P>

That is the quick and simple way at least.

It's not the code that is difficult, it's finding the time to do the update.

George