How to set off all sections of a switch at first run.

Hey guys,

I would like to run each case in the switch once before switching to a timer. In reality, the related code is very long and gets its run parameters from the switch.

I need the function to run once with each switch being true. Then let the switch work with timers.

If not possible, I will have to go from a switch and a few dozen lines, to separate functions and about 500 lines +

Thanks!

#include <Timers.au3>
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "TerminateApp")

$hWnd = GUICreate("Window", 500, 700, Default, Default)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

;New code to run each section of switch here.

$hTimer1 = _Timer_SetTimer($hWnd, 3000, "somefunc", -1)
$hTimer2 = _Timer_SetTimer($hWnd, 6000, "somefunc", -1)
$hTimer3 = _Timer_SetTimer($hWnd, 9000, "somefunc", -1)

While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Func somefunc($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
    Switch $iwParam
        Case $hTimer1
            MsgBox(0, "", "3Sec") ;Really is code that passes parameters to below function
        Case $hTimer2
            MsgBox(0, "", "6Sec");Really is code that passes parameters to below function
        Case $hTimer3
            MsgBox(0, "", "9Sec");Really is code that passes parameters to below function
    EndSwitch

;Below function
;Some related code here that gets variables from the switches and then runs function. 
EndFunc  ;==>somefunc

Func TerminateApp()
    _Timer_KillAllTimers($hWnd)
    GUIDelete()
    Exit 0
EndFunc  ;==>TerminateApp
Edited by Hatcheda

ok, here's what I came up with . . . anything better?

#include <Timers.au3>

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
Dim $hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam

$iwParam = 1001
Somefunc($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
$iwParam = 1002
$iwParam = 1003

While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Switch $iwParam
        Case 1001
            MsgBox(0, "", "3Sec") ;Really is code that passes parameters to below function
        Case 1002
        Case 1003
    EndSwitch

;Below function
;Some related code here that gets variables from the switches and then runs function. 
EndFunc  ;==>somefunc

Func TerminateApp()
    GUIDelete()
    Exit 0
EndFunc  ;==>TerminateApp

Each of your timers can trigger a separate finction, so you could toss the switch statement away...

#include <Timers.au3>
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
;Dim $Timers = 3, $Delay[$Timers + 1] = [0, 3000, 6000, 9000]
Dim $Timers = 4, $Delay[$Timers + 1] = [0, 1000, 4000, 10000, 15000]
Dim $label[$Timers + 1], $hTimer[$Timers + 1], $hTimeroff

$hWnd = GUICreate("Window", 90 + $Timers * 50, 120, Default, Default)
GUICtrlSetDefColor(0xFF0000)
For $x = 1 to $Timers
    $label[$x] = GUICtrlCreateLabel($Delay[$x] / 1000 & " sec", $x * 50, 40)
    $func = "SomeFunc" & $x
    Call($func,0,0,0,0)
    $hTimer[$x] = _Timer_SetTimer($hWnd, $Delay[$x], $func, -1)
Next
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While 1 
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Func somefunc1($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
    GUICtrlSetState($label[1], $GUI_SHOW)
    $hTimeroff = _Timer_SetTimer($hWnd, 500, "off", -1)
EndFunc
Func somefunc2($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
    GUICtrlSetState($label[2], $GUI_SHOW)
EndFunc

Func somefunc3($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
    GUICtrlSetState($label[3], $GUI_SHOW)
EndFunc

Func somefunc4($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
    GUICtrlSetState($label[4], $GUI_SHOW)
EndFunc

Func off($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
    For $x = 1 to $Timers
        GUICtrlSetState($label[$x], $GUI_HIDE)
    Next
    _Timer_KillTimer($hWnd, $hTimeroff)
EndFunc

Func TerminateApp()
    GUIDelete()
    Exit 0
EndFunc;==>TerminateApp

Pardon the extra junk in there... am bored so made it into a light-show :P

edit:typo, and played with making the delays more flexible

Edited by Spiff59

Hey guys,

I would like to run each case in the switch once before switching to a timer. In reality, the related code is very long and gets its run parameters from the switch.

I need the function to run once with each switch being true. Then let the switch work with timers.

If not possible, I will have to go from a switch and a few dozen lines, to separate functions and about 500 lines +

Thanks!

#include <Timers.au3>

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Switch $iwParam
        Case $hTimer1
            MsgBox(0, "", "3Sec");Really is code that passes parameters to below function
        Case $hTimer2
        Case $hTimer3
    EndSwitch

;Below function
EndFunc ;==>somefunc

Func TerminateApp()
    GUIDelete()
    Exit 0
EndFunc ;==>TerminateApp
Here is an easy way:
somefunc("", "", $hTimer1, "")
somefunc("", "", $hTimer2, "")
somefunc("", "", $hTimer3, "")

While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Switch $iwParam
        Case $hTimer1
        Case $hTimer2
        Case $hTimer3
    EndSwitch

If $hWnd = "" Then Return

;Below function
EndFunc ;==>somefunc

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Here is an easy way:

somefunc("", "", $hTimer1, "")
somefunc("", "", $hTimer2, "")
somefunc("", "", $hTimer3, "")

While 1
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

Switch $iwParam
        Case $hTimer1
        Case $hTimer2
        Case $hTimer3
    EndSwitch

If $hWnd = "" Then Return

;Below function
EndFunc;==>somefunc

:P

Good one! I will use that! This is what I had:

For $P = 1 To 6 Step 1
    $iwParam = 100 & $P
    GetPriceHistory($hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam)
    ;ConsoleWrite($iwParam & @CRLF)
Next
_Timer_SetTimer($hWnd, 60 * 1000, "GetPriceHistory", -1)
_Timer_SetTimer($hWnd, 60 * 5 * 1000, "GetPriceHistory", -1)
_Timer_SetTimer($hWnd, 900 * 1000, "GetPriceHistory", -1)
_Timer_SetTimer($hWnd, 1800 * 1000, "GetPriceHistory", -1)
_Timer_SetTimer($hWnd, 3500 * 1000, "GetPriceHistory", -1)
_Timer_SetTimer($hWnd, 86400 * 1000, "GetPriceHistory", -1)

Each of your timers can trigger a separate finction, so you could toss the switch statement away...

Thanks for the help but I cant use separate functions. The function is in reality about 70 lines after the switch. The only thing different with each run is a few variables. I added a switch in the front and back to load the variables and store the results for next run. Using separate functions would cause the code to be hundreds of lines. After I increase the function size this will result in thousands of lines saved. :-) Thanks though!

Sounds like you could get rid of all the switch statements and end up with less code, rather than more.

There's no reason when you know "which timer has been triggered" to throw that information away, and then add code to immediately retest to determine which timer had been triggered. Put the common portion of the code into it's own function and have the three timer functions call that. It's probably better structure to have the timer-specific code in their own paragraphs, and common processing in it's own paragraph.

Anyway, there's a million ways to skin a cat, and I'm glad you have it working.

"There's no reason when you know "which timer has been triggered" to throw that information away, and then add code to immediately retest to determine which timer had been triggered."

The point of the function is not to test which timer called it. That would be pointless. The functions purpose is to hit up an api for info, recalculate an indicator, then store the info for next period pass. It has to be stored as it calculates an RSI based on N periods. N periods is determined by the exact time called and much information passed to the function (period specific settings) by the switch. Each timer calculates a completely seperate Indicator and uses different displays.

"Sounds like you could get rid of all the switch statements and end up with less code, rather than more. . . It's probably better structure to have the timer-specific code in their own paragraphs, and common processing in it's own paragraph. . . Put the common portion of the code into it's own function and have the three timer functions call that. "

There is not a common portion. They are all very different. -but can use the same code if variables are changed before running the function.

I currently have six timers, not three. I will most likely keep 6 but will increase the function to 2X to 4X to include additional indicators ran at the same period.

At current, I have about 98 lines for the function. If I were to seperate it and create 6 functions I would save 20 lines per function and bring my total count to 80 * 6

I would then have to maintain 480 lines for updates. -then I add 2 or 3 new indicators and have 2000 lines instead of 300. Doesn't sound like a good deal to me. I wrote that first. This is smarter coding, sorry, but thanks for the help!

Edit:

The switch at the end turns common variable names used by all periods into period specific variables for storage. These are then avaliable only to that period on next run. That way I keep up with my averages for each timer. When the period runs again, I write them over the function before run.

Edited by Hatcheda

There is not a common portion. They are all very different. -but can use the same code if variables are changed before running the function.

At current, I have about 98 lines for the function. If I were to seperate it and create 6 functions I would save 20 lines per function and bring my total count to 80 * 6. I would then have to maintain 480 lines for updates.

The switch at the end turns common variable names used by all periods into period specific variables for storage.

No biggy, is tough to make my point without seeing the 98 lines of code. But, "can use the same code if variables are changed" sounds like there's a common portion of code. As does "turns common variable names used by all periods into period specific variables". What I was thinking was instead of 100 lines of code, would be like 6 * 5 (timer-specific) plus 60 (common). The timer function calling the common function (minus switch statements) would be like:

Func Timer1()
    set a couple variables
    process_common($mode)
    store a couple variables
EndFunc

Anyways, like I said, without seeing it, I can't see understand if I'm really nuts. I may be imaging something other than what you've got.

Edit: It is no big deal. Hope it turns out real nice for you.

Edited by Spiff59