AutoIT and SCCM

I created an AutoIT script to run an install on a machine. It checks to see if certain criteria is met before installing. If it doesn't meet it, the script simply exits. It runs perfectly if I launch the script and run it locally on the machine. If I deploy it with SCCM it will show up in task manager for a few seconds and then exit not doing anything at all.

To aid in troubleshooting I had it to pop up a message box to see if it was doing anything at all and it doesn't even do that. Has anyone been able to deploy applications with SCCM with Autoit calling the install?

Edited by ncc1701

I've got more than 300 Au3 scripts that ran from SCCM for 3 different clients ranging from anything like checking a registry entry to deploying Office 2007. Post your code, you will probably get lots of suggestions.

I figured it out. In SCCM I have to check the setting that allows users to interact with the program. SCCM was preventing it from running properly.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I figured it out. In SCCM I have to check the setting that allows users to interact with the program. SCCM was preventing it from running properly.

Thanks.

I am having the same issue again. I created a script to install Adobe 9 with AutoIT. It works perfectly if I launch it manually. If I make it available with SCCM or deploy it with SCCM it runs briefly and never starts the install. My code is listed below:

$install = "\\server\Software\Adobe9\AdbeRdr910_en_US_Std.exe /sAll /rs /l /msi""/qb-! /nore start ALLUSERS=1 EULA_ACCEPT=YES SUPPRESS_APP_LAUNCH=YES"""

$logs = "\\server\logs\Adobe_Installs"

If FileExists("C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0") Then

$version = FileGetVersion("C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe")

ElseIf FileExists("C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0") Then

$version = FileGetVersion("C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe")

ElseIf FileExists("C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 7.0") Then

$version = FileGetVersion("C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 7.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe")

ElseIf FileExists("C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 6.0") Then

$version = FileGetVersion("C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 6.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe")

ElseIf FileExists("C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 5.0") Then

$version = FileGetVersion("C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 5.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe")

EndIf

If Not FileExists("C:\Program Files\Adobe") Then

$version = "Not Installed"

EndIf

$file = FileOpen($logs & "\" & @ComputerName & ".txt", 2)

If $version < 9 Then

FileWriteLine($file, "Time taken: " & @MON & "\" & @MDAY & "\" & @YEAR & " @ " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN")

FileWriteLine($file, @CRLF & "Adobe 9 installed successfully.")

Run($install)

Else

FileWriteLine($file, "Time taken: " & @MON & "\" & @MDAY & "\" & @YEAR & " @ " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN")

FileWriteLine($file, @CRLF & "Adobe 9 already installed.")

EndIf

It does write the log file but it never runs the install.

In SCCM I have it running with Admin rights and "allow users to interact with this program" selected.

Any suggestions?