autoit dialog in front off a dos full screen app

HJF

Hello,

is it possible to show an autoit dialog box in front off a dos full screen application. I want to change the default printer without leaving an old clipper application.

thank you

hjf

Hello,

is it possible to show an autoit dialog box in front off a dos full screen application. I want to change the default printer without leaving an old clipper application.

thank you

hjf

I think that you can't do that. As soon as you start another window up the DOS application will be minimized.

I could be wrong but my understanding is that if you have a dos application full screen it is using a different area of memory for the display. For example, if I run an old DOS application full screeen, and I use UltraVNC to take control of that PC then there is no sign of the application in my view although the DOS application is all that my customer sees. Equally, taking a screen shot of a full screen DOS application is very difficult. In good old Windows 98 there weren't these problems :P.

However, there is no reason why you couldn't switch to an AutoIt window then switch back to the DOS screen

If you use DOSBOX then you can run a dos application in a window even if it's graphically based but it slowed down serial coms too much for me.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Hello Martin,

thank you for your quick answer. I think it should be possible to create a system wide shortcut, which works in a dos full screen app. That would be enough for me.

HJF