How to disable "auto save" in AutoIt

Could someone please tell me where in AutoIt's "settings" the option is to disable the auto save function?

tia

"SciTE4AutoIt3"

I newer seen periodic auto save on Scite. (maby someone made script to send ctrl+s to scite Win every 2-3 minutes :unsure: )

Only auto save is when you run the script (GO option from the meny) or F5 button, or some other option from &Tools, and that isnt autosave function, that is save&run. Dono if we r talking about same thing becose you did not explaind enought about your problem. If your trying to run the script but not to save it before run then i dono if thats posible. :P Or i dono what im talking about and there is periodic autosave on scite that i never seen before :D

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

Making the file as read-only enable you to run the script but not to change it, thus if you've modified the read-only file and then tried to run it you'll see this (but only prettier):

---------------------------
SciTE
Could not save file 'C:\New AutoIt v3 Script (8).au3'. Save under a different name?
Yes   No   

"SciTE4AutoIt3"

I newer seen periodic auto save on Scite. (maby someone made script to send ctrl+s to scite Win every 2-3 minutes :D )

Only auto save is when you run the script (GO option from the meny) or F5 button, or some other option from &Tools, and that isnt autosave function, that is save&run. Dono if we r talking about same thing becose you did not explaind enought about your problem. If your trying to run the script but not to save it before run then i dono if thats posible. :P Or i dono what im talking about and there is periodic autosave on scite that i never seen before :D

mmm...Well, lets put it this way. While im busy programming, there is a lot of "trial and errors" when running the program im busy compiling.. It so happens that i dont want the program to save while i'm "experimenting" with a program...I would like it to be the way i had it BEFORE i started experimenting. It now happens, that after fiddling with all the codes etc, AutoIt remembers the LAST state it was in (including the errors), thereby preventing me to carry on where the program still worked fine. I basicly want to save my program "Manualy" everytime it works fine :unsure:

Making the file as read-only enable you to run the script but not to change it, thus if you've modified the read-only file and then tried to run it you'll see this (but only prettier):

SciTE
Could not save file 'C:\New AutoIt v3 Script (8).au3'. Save under a different name?
Yes   No   
...i saw that and was thinking enabling Read Only, just wasnt 100% sure...Thanks, that would help :P

• Developers

mmm...Well, lets put it this way. While im busy programming, there is a lot of "trial and errors" when running the program im busy compiling.. It so happens that i dont want the program to save while i'm "experimenting" with a program...I would like it to be the way i had it BEFORE i started experimenting. It now happens, that after fiddling with all the codes etc, AutoIt remembers the LAST state it was in (including the errors), thereby preventing me to carry on where the program still worked fine. I basicly want to save my program "Manualy" everytime it works fine :P

There is no way this will ever work as the aut2exe needs an inputfile to process thus the source needs to be saved to be able to be compiled.

Use a versioning software to save the diifferent point of development that you want to be able to revert to.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

There is no way this will ever work as the aut2exe needs an inputfile to process thus the source needs to be saved to be able to be compiled.

Use a versioning software to save the diifferent point of development that you want to be able to revert to.

Jos

O ok...thanks Jos. I have found a "workaround" for this by saving my project as "TEST.au3" (while its working)...close everything, and then just open test.au3 for expermenting :P . Once i make a boo-boo, i just re-load the Original file.

Could someone please tell me where in AutoIt's "settings" the option is to disable the auto save function?

tia

People had no problems answering this as if you had written:

... where in SciTE's "settings" the option ...

:-)

I see that you have your workaround, but please allow me to toss some more info your way. You said:

> ... when running the program im busy compiling..

Depending on your code, you should be able to run/test it without compiling it, just press F5 while in SciTE.

Also, depending on how drastic your changes are to the code, pressing ctrl-z while in SciTE might undo all of the changes that you made - back to the point when you first opened the script.

Edit: and then there is crtl-t which invokes Tidy and its "version saving".

Edited by herewasplato

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

O ok...thanks Jos. I have found a "workaround" for this by saving my project as "TEST.au3" (while its working)...close everything, and then just open test.au3 for expermenting :D . Once i make a boo-boo, i just re-load the Original file.

Another thing that can help bail you out on Vista is the shadow copy. If you make a restore point before a session, then do a bunch of edits, if you somehow mess up all the Tidy saved versions, you can get back a shadow copy. If you don't have one of the upgraded Vista versions this freeware lets you access the shadow copies:

http://www.shadowexplorer.com/

I've used it a couple of times to get back source code when I messed up a backup folder. Good to have in the toolbox if you have Vista. It works similar to an undelete program except the source is the shadow copy store.

Edited by MilesAhead