IP grabbing

ok. i tried searching .. but still no solid answer ... is there any way that you can get the users IP adress ?

the reason i need this function is because i am using it as a protection against unregistered use:)

basicly the user of programm registers there version via sending me there IP. (UNIQUE), i reply with a code

the code is specific to that IP only . so the user cannot send the programm to anyone else to use.. with there code :P

if that makes sence :unsure:

can anyone help ?

tnks in advance

Budweiser + room = warm beerwarm beer + fridge = too long!warm beer + CO2 fire extinguisher = Perfect![quote]Protect the easly offended ... BAN EVERYTHING[/quote]^^ hmm works for me :D

#Include <Inet.au3>

$ExtIP = _InetGetSource("http://www.whatismyip.org")

Here is my hack... :D

There is also a way to use the command line... 'ipconfig', and use regular expressions to pull it... But I find my way easier... :unsure:

whoop thankyou :P

will give it a try later .. got to go out for meal in a min.

Budweiser + room = warm beerwarm beer + fridge = too long!warm beer + CO2 fire extinguisher = Perfect![quote]Protect the easly offended ... BAN EVERYTHING[/quote]^^ hmm works for me :D

P.S.

This works just as well... :D

send("{LWIN}")
Send("{UP}")
Send("{RIGHT 2}")
Send("{ENTER}")
hehe yupp :D .. good isnt it :o

Where did you search? Search the help file for "public ip address" and your answer will be in the third result.

erm everywere:)

thanks

//edit .. o dear... that was a lil too easy to find >.< . sorry XD

Edited by Thornhunt

#include <Inet.au3>
$PublicIP = _GetIP()
MsgBox(0, "IP Address", "Your IP Address is: " & $PublicIP)

Ether I missed something major you you guys did.

If you are using this for registration, you should know most people (almost all now days) don't have static IP's.

AutoIt changed my life.

• 3 weeks later...

#include <Inet.au3>
$PublicIP = _GetIP()
MsgBox(0, "IP Address", "Your IP Address is: " & $PublicIP)

Ether I missed something major you you guys did.

If you are using this for registration, you should know most people (almost all now days) don't have static IP's.

may be true .. but the programm is for a programm that if there is 2 different IP's conected to the account they get banned :D