No Window Control in Vista with UAC enabled

I have written a script that executes with no problems in Windows XP and Windows Vista (with UAC disabled) but the following commands will not function in Vista with UAC enabled:

WinSetState()

ControlSend()

Send ()

WinExists() is able to detect the window just fine but I can't seem to do anything with the window after that in Vista unless I have UAC disabled.

The program I am working with is GoToMyPC's installer running in "Autosetup" mode (Command line: "gosetup.exe -s -a -s"). If it helps, the software can be found at GoToMyPC Setup Download

I have scoured the web and this forum for anything I can find but have yet to come across even a kernel of relevance. Could it have something to do with the GoToMyPC software or is there something in AutoIT I'm missing?

Is your script prompting for administrative privs? I know you said you had the #RequireAdmin bit in the code... But is it actually prompting?

Yes. Vista does prompt me for access upon program launch. The script (and compiled exe) execute and launch the "gosetup.exe" software without any problems. The script is even recognizing the windows generated by the "gosetup.exe" software it launches. It just doesn't seem able to "take control" or "send Information" to any of the windows from the "gosetup.exe" software when UAC is enabled. BTW, I've also tried this on multiple Windows Vista systems so I am certain the problem is not related to a specific machine.

• 6 years later...