How do I add Product name to .exe's

Hi all,

This is my first post, and I am fairly new to Autoit scripting.....

Suffice to say that I have written my program in SciTE, and when I came to compiling it, I could add file description, file version and copyright information, but I could not add Product name to my executable.

I have spent most of last night looking for a utility that allows you to add this information to executables with no success ;-(

The reason I need to add Product name to my exe is so that the menu (winreconfig.xml) in my Windows Recovery Environment generates a title for my utility.

Currently my program is defined as "unknown" - with my logo at the side and a description of what it does, but surely there must be a way to further customize this information.

I have looked at the GImageX utility and noticed that the Product name is present in the .exe details submenu.

Any help would be appreciated, as it is the final leg of my mission to create my own 64-bit factory restore executable.

Many thanks

Andy

my own 64-bit factory restore executable.

Assuming the op is using the 64-bit stub for his project...

Not so sure about that.

The reason I spent to time to code it all up in AutoIt3 native code was the fact that I had to include the res.exe + dlls and that people had to download reshacker and on top of that the main reason was that reshacker doesn't support x64 compiled script which the internal code does.

Jos :P

In this case stick to the wrapper directives.

wtfpl-badge-1.png

Hi,

I tried Zedna's method and no luck, so maybe I'm doing something wrong at the compile menu stage?

When I right click on my executable the Product Name is not displayed, yet when I right click on the GImageX utility, it does.

Unless somebody knows how to add a title to the menu option in winreconfig.xml I'm pretty much stuck, because apparently the WinRE menu item gets it's name from the Product Name field in the .exe file

I'm sure i'll crack it - but only with your help ;-)

i opened a exe with Productname in reshacker and this are the string-names i got:

BuildSignature, ProductGuid, BuildGuid, TradeName, FileDescription, FileVersion, InternalName, 
LegalCopyright, OriginalFilename, ProductVersion, CompanyName, ProductName, HomePage

I think the one you look for, is ProductName.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=ProductName|My product name

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

i opened a exe with Productname in reshacker and this are the string-names i got:

BuildSignature, ProductGuid, BuildGuid, TradeName, FileDescription, FileVersion, InternalName, 
LegalCopyright, OriginalFilename, ProductVersion, CompanyName, ProductName, HomePage

I think the one you look for, is ProductName.

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Field=ProductName|My product name
Brilliant! - THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH

I've been pulling my hair out on this one - it was the last step before final implementation!

Once again - I am indebted to you.

Thanks

Andy

• 5 years later...

#pragma compile(Out, myProg.exe) ; Uncomment to use the following icon. Make sure the file path is correct and matches the installation of your AutoIt install path.

; #pragma compile(Icon, C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Icons\au3.ico)

#pragma compile(ExecLevel, highestavailable)

#pragma compile(Compatibility, win7)

#pragma compile(UPX, False)

#pragma compile(FileDescription, myProg - a description of the application)

#pragma compile(ProductName, myProg)

#pragma compile(ProductVersion, 3.7)

#pragma compile(FileVersion, 3.7.0.0, 3.7.100.201) ; The last parameter is optional.

#pragma compile(LegalCopyright, © Joe Bloggs) #pragma compile(LegalTrademarks, '"Trademark something, and some text in "quotes" etc...')

#pragma compile(CompanyName, 'Joe Bloggs & Co')

For More Help on Compiling Visit;https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/intro/compiler.htm

• 2 years later...