Resources in SciTE.exe

Help please. In SciTE.exe for AutoIt is a resource with the name "EMBEDDED" in the section "PROPERTIES" which contains a list including UDF keywords. How do I get this resource without using third-party resource editors (only means of AutoIt). Resources.au3 does not work for this type of resource.

Thanks.

Please any thoughts.

If you want to know how to extract the resource then I don't know, but if you simply want the file with a list of au3 functions, udf functions and key words then it is in the SciTe folder

Properties\au3.keywords.properties

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

If you want to know how to extract the resource then I don't know, but if you simply want the file with a list of au3 functions, udf functions and key words then it is in the SciTe folder

Properties\au3.keywords.properties

Thanks martin. I want to add their functions in the syntax SciTE editor, but editing the file au3.keywords.properties does not work. It works only when editing the resources of SciTE.exe. To do this, I want to write a tool, but ...

:D

• Moderators

Yashied,

I want to add their functions in the syntax SciTE editor

I seem to understand from your quote that you want to add drop down syntax help for additional UDFs - this is certainly possible with an AutoIt script. You need to alter the au3.user.calltips.api which is accessed through the "Tools" menu - and add the keywords to the properties\au3.keywords.properties file which you can open via the "Options" menu. There are a number of scripts out there to do this - I have even written one myself which I would be glad to post if that is indeed what you are trying to do.

If I have completely misunderstood your intentions (which is not unlikely!) could you give a bit more detail of exactly what it is that you are trying to do. :-)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Yashied,

I seem to understand from your quote that you want to add drop down syntax help for additional UDFs - this is certainly possible with an AutoIt script. You need to alter the au3.user.calltips.api which is accessed through the "Tools" menu - and add the keywords to the properties\au3.keywords.properties file which you can open via the "Options" menu. There are a number of scripts out there to do this - I have even written one myself which I would be glad to post if that is indeed what you are trying to do.

If I have completely misunderstood your intentions (which is not unlikely!) could you give a bit more detail of exactly what it is that you are trying to do. :-)

M23

I want to SciTE editor painted the color of my functions, Calltips in this case I was not interested. To do this, I want to write a utility that will automate the process of adding these functions to editor properties (resource named "EMBEDDED", as adding the my functions in the file au3.keywords.properties which is located in the same folder as the SciTE.exe, does not give any results) . Whew.

• Developers

I want to SciTE editor painted the color of my functions, Calltips in this case I was not interested. To do this, I want to write a utility that will automate the process of adding these functions to editor properties (resource named "EMBEDDED", as adding the my functions in the file au3.keywords.properties which is located in the same folder as the SciTE.exe, does not give any results) . Whew.

You should use the Full SciTE4AutoIt3 installation and update file properties\au3.keywords.properties.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

Yashied,

OK, you do not want the CallTips, but you do want SciTE to colour your personal UDFs just as it colours the built-in functions and standard UDFs.

Well, au3.keywords.properties is what you want. You need to add the function names - in lowercase - at the end of the au3.keywords.udfs section. It is actually easier to look for the start of the au3.keywords.keywords section which follows. :-)

Here is what I have in my au3.keywords.properties - pluginopen is where the original keywords endeded:

pluginopen _arraydisplayex _extmsgboxset _extmsgbox _guictrlmarquee_setscroll _guictrlmarquee_setdisplay \
    _guictrlmarquee_create _recfilelisttoarray _stringsize _toast_set _toast_show _toast_hide 
au3.keywords.keywords=and byref case const continuecase continueloop default dim \

SciTe then colours in these functions just like the others. as you can see from the attached picture.

However, if you want to do it via the resources - good luck!

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

Well, au3.keywords.properties is what you want. You need to add the function names - in lowercase - at the end of the au3.keywords.udfs section. It is actually easier to look for the start of the au3.keywords.keywords section which follows. :-)

Thanks. I know that. I just used SciTE lite, but it do not. Once again, thank you.

:D

You should use the Full SciTE4AutoIt3 installation and update file properties\au3.keywords.properties.

Thanks to you.

• Developers

I have actually already build in some standard support for user UDF to be collored similar as the standard UDFs.

Just create a file called: au3.userudfs.properties in the properties directory and add this content:

au3.keywords.user.udfs= _test1 \
_test2 _test3

Still need to document this ...:D

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Moderators

Jos,

As usual you are ahead of the game. That would make adding new UDFs really painless!

M23

Spoiler

I have actually already build in some standard support for user UDF to be collored similar as the standard UDFs.

Just create a file called: au3.userudfs.properties in the properties directory and add this content:

au3.keywords.user.udfs= _test1 \
_test2 _test3

Still need to document this ...:o

Exelent. Many thanks to you, Jos.

:P:D:D:(

• Developers

I have added an extra page to the SciTE4AutoIt3 helpfile for the next release and spent a couple of word explaining it. :D

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.