Excel

Well, i don't have a real something...

I thoguth i might be using ;_ExcelReadCell but i have no idea of how to use it :D

Only thing i ened is to know how to read a cell and how to enter it in something else (example notepad)

Well, i don't have a real something...

I thoguth i might be using ;_ExcelReadCell but i have no idea of how to use it :o

Only thing i ened is to know how to read a cell and how to enter it in something else (example notepad)

Did you try the example script in the help file? Have you tried the tutorials in the help file and/or the larger AutoIt 1-2-3 tutorial?

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

With Excel? Where?

In the help file, under the _Excel* functions in the index, or User Defined Function\Excel Management in the contents.

You are using the help file, right? It's AutoIt3.chm in the AutoIt directory.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

$oexcel = _ExcelBookOpen($sFilePath[, $fVisible = 1[, $fReadOnly = False[, $sPassword = ""[, $sWritePassword = ""]]]])

$text = _ExcelReadCell($oExcel, $sRangeOrRow[, $iColumn = 1])

$file = FileOpen ( "filename", mode )

FileWrite ( $file, $text )

I filled out the file write part for you. Look up the others to see what you need to replace in each Parameter. You may also note that to use _excel* functions you must have #Include <Excel.au3> at the top of your script. Write something up, try it, if it doesn't come back here, post what you have written, post what it is doing, post what it's not doing that you think it should, and post any errors Scite gives you.

Edit: Just noticed the time lapse in your posts. It is proper AutoIt Forum Educate to not "bump" (post a post following a previous post of your own) in less than 24 hours. No one will write (well some may) a script for you with out some $. The forum is for learning, not I can't can you for me. We were all new once. We wouldn't know what we know if someone handed us the answer and didn't make us work. Not to be mean just a Friendly notice.

Edited by youknowwho4eva

Giggity

$oexcel = _ExcelBookOpen($sFilePath[, $fVisible = 1[, $fReadOnly = False[, $sPassword = ""[, $sWritePassword = ""]]]])

$text = _ExcelReadCell($oExcel, $sRangeOrRow[, $iColumn = 1])

$file = FileOpen ( "filename", mode )

FileWrite ( $file, $text )

I filled out the file write part for you. Look up the others to see what you need to replace in each Parameter. You may also note that to use _excel* functions you must have #Include <Excel.au3> at the top of your script. Write something up, try it, if it doesn't come back here, post what you have written, post what it is doing, post what it's not doing that you think it should, and post any errors Scite gives you.

Edit: Just noticed the time lapse in your posts. It is proper AutoIt Forum Educate to not "bump" (post a post following a previous post of your own) in less than 24 hours. No one will write (well some may) a script for you with out some $. The forum is for learning, not I can't can you for me. We were all new once. We wouldn't know what we know if someone handed us the answer and didn't make us work. Not to be mean just a Friendly notice.

That my sir, is exalent! i've never thought of the thing you gave above, if it works, i love you! this is what i needed!

If done properly, it will work. The scripts I have made for work deal a lot with Excel, and before thinking of alternate methods, most of my scripts read/wrote to ini files. So I am fairly experienced with these methods. Hopefully you read the help file carefully on both the File* and Excel* functions I noted. I did not put in there to close the files when you're done writing/reading. The help file will tell you how. And like I said play with it. If it doesn't work try again. If you just can't get it right, come back and we'll point you in the right direction.

Giggity