running autoit script from vbs

Hi

First I'd say anything you can do in vbs, autoit can do better. I'd say stick in autoit and convert all your vbs to autoit

Now on to your questions. You of course could pass a parameter from VBS to autoit, not a problem. To get a parameter back from autoit, I think you would need the autoit program to set an environmental variable or document the information in a text file which the VBS would then access.. How do you run an au3 from VBS. How about

Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")

objShell.ShellExecute "c:\hidetaskbar.au3", "", , , NORMAL_WINDOW

Finally. Once compiled as an exe, the file can be run on any computer even if it doesn't have autoit installed.

Good?

Picea

• 3 months later...

Hi

First I'd say anything you can do in vbs, autoit can do better. I'd say stick in autoit and convert all your vbs to autoit

Now on to your questions. You of course could pass a parameter from VBS to autoit, not a problem. To get a parameter back from autoit, I think you would need the autoit program to set an environmental variable or document the information in a text file which the VBS would then access.. How do you run an au3 from VBS. How about

Set objShell = CreateObject("Shell.Application")

objShell.ShellExecute "c:\hidetaskbar.au3", "", , , NORMAL_WINDOW

Finally. Once compiled as an exe, the file can be run on any computer even if it doesn't have autoit installed.

Good?

Picea

so is there a way to run vbs from autoit? I was told using scriptcontrol but I don't have the foggiest idea where to start

I initially wanted to run an autoit login script and give these values to a vbs script to run - can you advise?