Flash Cards

Bert

I did a forum search, and didn't find anything that suited my needs. Has anyone seen a Autoit Script that acts like a flash card teaching tool? I've started making one for my studies for Salesforce.com certifications that I have to study for. My employer wants me to get certified by passing 3 test. Come to find out the first test I failed at has about a 85% failure rate for test takers. Damn thing is hard as hell to pass for all the stuff one has to know. I got a free voucher to get a second shot at the thing, and I want to make sure I know it before I try again. I want to use flash cards, but I would like a script to do it with. Anyone know where one is? If not, I've got one I'm designing, but I really could use some help completing it. Unfortunately my time lately due to home and work is limited. Here is what I got so far, and I'm happy to start a thread in example scripts on this.

volly_flashcards.au3

Well, I've got one at home if you'd like.

The thing about that one is, is that it displays square pictures and uses the filename - extension as the answer. It was designed for my girlfriend's homeuse Japanese kanji learning.

You would have to set a directory and the script uses all the pics in there as source. You could allways adjust it ofc. :D

Anyway, would you like me to post it?

My active project(s): A-maze-ing generator (generates a maze)

My archived project(s): Pong3 (Multi-pinger)

Been busy this week, and haven't had much time at all. I think I will keep going down the path I'm on and keep developing the script I first posted. I had a couple of hous last night and fleshed out how I want the functions to work. Now it is just a matter of getting it written. When I get done (when I get more time) I will post to example scripts.

For the reference. This is the beginning of udf's that could be connected to your GUI. And a link to @Volly's topic in chat that got me going.

Back in the day, I used a program called TranDumper to cram for some certification testing. At the time it was a very useful tool.

Today with all the security that has become standard in IE, the program has lost its ease of functionality. I found a recent version of it here however, if you want to take a look at some of the features it has. http://www.gejos.com/ (click the link for trandumper... also look at some of the sample tests available...)

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

Back in the day, I used a program called TranDumper to cram for some certification testing. At the time it was a very useful tool.

Today with all the security that has become standard in IE, the program has lost its ease of functionality. I found a recent version of it here however, if you want to take a look at some of the features it has. http://www.gejos.com/ (click the link for trandumper... also look at some of the sample tests available...)

I have trandumper 8.01, and have contributed to the project with my own version a good while back. (version 3.4.1, which I didn't do a wide release. I put in video support and a couple of other things.)

The flash card thing is nothing more than a different method of learning stuff.