if beta uses different files to non beta, why both?

Mat

I've been wondering for a while about this:

I have the beta installed on my machine, and it works great (welldone devs), but also it uses beta duplicates of all the non beta exe's and includes, examples, and everytthing else I've looked at!

so why can't I run just the beta? when I try to uninstall v3, it says uninstall the beta first - is there a reason for this - or should I go ahead and delete the non beta files (lets face it, i'm not using them)

I'm guessing it's OK, but I don't want to go around deleting something I shouldn't, thats why I'm posting.

MDiesel

• Developers

Let me start with a question: Why are you trying to do something none standard without clearly having enough knowlegde about the whole setup?

Use the ZIP version when you want to do your own thing but don't blame us when things aren't working.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

sorry, I am not blaming anyone for whats gone wrong, that is the wrong tense, I am making sure I don't do anything wrong.

Understand...

We have spend a lot of time to come to the current setup with a separate Production and Beta directory tree because before people were constantly screwing up their setup when loading Beta.

As stated, if you want something different just use the Zipped distribution that doesn't have any installer, but you will have to do everything yourself.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I've been wondering for a while about this:

I have the beta installed on my machine, and it works great (welldone devs), but also it uses beta duplicates of all the non beta exe's and includes, examples, and everytthing else I've looked at!

so why can't I run just the beta? when I try to uninstall v3, it says uninstall the beta first - is there a reason for this - or should I go ahead and delete the non beta files (lets face it, i'm not using them)

I'm guessing it's OK, but I don't want to go around deleting something I shouldn't, thats why I'm posting.

MDiesel

Why do you want to use the beta, when the production version is more recent?