Editing an existing autoit exe file

Hi All

I have an exe file compiled by a colleague who has since left the company.

The exe is an automated install of Radmin and it sets the connection password etc. It works perfectly but I now need to use it for another customer so I will have to change the password.

So I guess I need to edit the exe to include the new password.

How do I go about doing this?

When I try to use the "Decompile exe. to Script" it throws an error stating that it was not compiled with autoit. (it certainly was)

Can anyone suggest how to do this?

thanks a lot,

Rich

Frankly I believe you will be better off searching for the source code on his old system or network home drive etc... I'm pretty sure people here will not be able (willing) to help you decompile someone else's code.

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

Hi.

When I try to use the "Decompile exe. to Script" it throws an error stating that it was not compiled with autoit.

Decompilation Option was removed quite a lot of versions ago.

Please see FAQ. (topmost sticky posting in this group)

Asking for decompilation is one of the 100% bullet proof methods to get a thread locked. :hint:

So you might want to contact one of the developers, *IF* you can proove in some way, that your company is the legitime code owner.

Sorry! Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

Ooops. :D

I dont need to decompile the whole thing though... I just need to edit whatever part of the .exe insterts the password into the radmin setup.

Is this not possible unless you decompile the whole thing?

decompile removed???

I installed version 3 and this was included...(allthough it does not work for me)

Posted Image

Ooops. :D

I dont need to decompile the whole thing though... I just need to edit whatever part of the .exe insterts the password into the radmin setup.

Is this not possible unless you decompile the whole thing?

You can not edit a compiled script without decompiling it, and as previously said, we don't support that kind of things here. You may receive help from the developers if you can prove you are the legitimate owner, or you may decompile it yourself.

decompile removed???

I installed version 3 and this was included...(allthough it does not work for me)

Posted Image

See the changelog:

24th August, 2007 - v3.2.6.0

Exe2Aut will only decompile 3.2.5.1 and earlier files. No ExeAut utility is supplied for ongoing versions.

Edited by AdmiralAlkex