Bug with #RequireAdmin

Slym

Hi,

I try to figure out what is happening with #RequireAdmin :

When i launched any program (even one stupid line) with #RequireAdmin option on my Vista (no Service Pack installed, UAC disabled) and no admin rights, AutoIT try to launch the other process that asks for privileges but all i have is the blue circle (Loading) icon on the mouse pointer flickering indefinitely.

I can see my process in task manager but the other one (that launches UAC) appears and disappears every other second.

I tried without #RequireAdmin and scripts worked fine. I also tried on a XP and everything worked fine too.

Hope you can help me on that one.

Thank you in advance.

--------------------- [font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]LinuxLive USB Creator[/font], [size="3"]The only Linux Live USB creator with easy integrated virtualization (made with AutoIT)[/size] ---------------------

yep ... that's what I want and that's also how i tried it.

AutoIT help file also says :

"As this function launch a new process, some functions as Consolewrite() cannot be captured (Scite will not display anything)."

--------------------- [font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]LinuxLive USB Creator[/font], [size="3"]The only Linux Live USB creator with easy integrated virtualization (made with AutoIT)[/size] ---------------------

From the help file.

#RequireAdmin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Specifies that the current script requires full administrator rights to run.

Nothing mentioned about prompting for credentials. Don't see a bug here.

• Developers

When i launched any program (even one stupid line) with #RequireAdmin option on my Vista (no Service Pack installed, UAC disabled) and no admin rights, AutoIT try to launch the other process that asks for privileges but all i have is the blue circle (Loading) icon on the mouse pointer flickering indefinitely.

Has anybody else tried this to see if they see the same symptom ?

I have no Vista available at the moment so cannot try.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

He clearly states,

...i launched any program (even one stupid line) with #RequireAdmin option on my Vista (no Service Pack installed, UAC disabled) and no admin rights...

. It's doing exactly what's expected. If not admin, then don't run.

I'm gonna say it a last time : THERE IS A BUG, program does not close and process is almost impossible to kill (as it appears and disappears).

I don't know if it's coming from Vista or from AutoIT but there is clearly something going wrong.

Edited by Slym

Hmmm works on one Vista system but not on another Unless there is a difference in AutoIt Versions I would say the problem lies with the computer and not Vista or AutoIt. Well I wouldn't rule Vista out of it, have seen instances of system to system variance.

Giggity

• Developers

I'm gonna say it a last time : THERE IS A BUG, program does not close and process is almost impossible to kill (as it appears and disappears).

I don't know if it's coming from Vista or from AutoIT but there is clearly something going wrong.

Ok I restored my Vista Business in VMware and was able to replicate your problem and can confirm an indefinate loop starts where constandly a second instance of the shelled compiled script is started after which one fails. I had to logoff to stop it.

I did the following steps:

• Created an account with User level access.
  • Disabled UAC with MSCONFIG
  • Rebooted
  • Started a script with #RequireAdmin.

Just make a BUG report in trac with the short description on how to replicate this issue.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)