List of non-alphanumeric keys?

In one of the example scripts, the "!" string is used to signify the 'alt' key. Is there a list/dictionary that I can reference for other similar keys, such as ctrl, fn, or tab? I searched the help file as well as the forums, but I have not been able to find what I am looking for.

Thanks.

I searched the help file as well as the forums, but I have not been able to find what I am looking for.

func ref \ keyboard control \ send

scroll down and its got the list

Send Command (if zero flag) Resulting Keypress

{APPSKEY} Windows App key

{LALT} Left ALT key

{RALT} Right ALT key

{LCTRL} Left CTRL key

{RCTRL} Right CTRL key

{LSHIFT} Left Shift key

{RSHIFT} Right Shift key

etc.

Thats probably what your looking for.

Edited by mdiesel

I have to say, when I was first learning, figuring out the send commands was annoying. The !,+,^,and # aren't on the tables for quick easy reference. But they are explained in the Remarks section. I think he was looking for what is on that page but in a quick reference format.

Giggity

• Moderators

Demonfaze,

keys, such as ctrl, fn, or tab

Do not waste any of your time looking for a character which Sends a laptop fn key - the key is hardware based and cannot be utilised in AutoIt.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Demonfaze,

Do not waste any of your time looking for a character which Sends a laptop fn key - the key is hardware based and cannot be utilised in AutoIt.

M23

Unless you are referring to F6 F7 etc in which case you just use

Send("{F8}")

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

Well those would be f Keys, the keys Melba is referring to are keyboard function keys. Which could only be simulated by creating a function in your script to mimic what function that key is referring to or somehow accessing the keyboard software and sending that command from there.

Giggity

• Moderators

Hi,

Just to be absolutely clear, I was referrring to the key found on laptops marked Fn or fn (and often coloured in blue) which, when used in combination with another key, lets the user do such things as get a numerical keypad on the normal keyboard, change screen brightness, etc. Many have asked if it is possible to use this key in Autoit and the answer has always been a very firm "No" as it is hardware based.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area