IsAdmin() + Vista

I use vista on an admin acc.... and this doesnt give me the message box :D

If IsAdmin() Then MsgBox(0, "", "Admin rights detected")

but the actual code I am working with is:

If $Pass = $Password Then
        If Not IsAdmin() Then
            MsgBox(0, "Problem...", "The settings cannot open because you are not a computer administrator...")
            endscript()
        Else
            ShellExecute($Location & "Settings.exe")
            endscript()
        EndIf
    Else
        Run(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteLine  "MsgBox(48, ''Incorrect Password!'', ''An incorrect password was used!'' & @CRLF & ''The program will continue to run.'')"')
    EndIf

which always gives the message "The settings cannot open because you are not a computer administrator..."

Edited by ReaImDown
[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

Do you have UAC enabled? Try adding #RequireAdmin if you want to run it as admin.

am trying to make 1 program execute another...ONLY IF the account is an admin account....if not, I dont want it to execute the other program, and give the user notice.

I do believe uac is disabled... but either way....

if IsAdmin() then msgbox(0,"","")

should give me the message box because I am an admin.

[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

Remarks

It returns 1 under Windows Vista only if running with a full administrator token (i.e. #RequireAdmin has been used, or has already been elevated by UAC).

^ from help file

must of missed that -.-' sorry... is there any way of doing this w/e #RequireAdmin... I dont want the script in question to require admin... but I need the second script to.

am trying to make 1 program execute another...ONLY IF the account is an admin account....if not, I dont want it to execute the other program, and give the user notice.

I do believe uac is disabled... but either way....

if IsAdmin() then msgbox(0,"","")

should give me the message box because I am an admin.

You're missing the point here, unless you are using #RequireAdmin you are not really an admin. This is due to the new security added in Vista.

You're missing the point here, unless you are using #RequireAdmin you are not really an admin. This is due to the new security added in Vista.

gotchya, so I will need to write a new script to execute the other script...or just let it slide w/o any admin rights....thank you

If you Right-Click an Executable and 'Run as Administrator', you don't need a #RequireAdmin keyword in your script, IsAdmin() will then work as expected.