Send to a DOS

• Developers

Why have you created this topic? Do you need help or you have a lot of extra time and you have nothing to do. If you want to get help, please describe the problem in more detail. If you want just wacky, then go to another place. People want to help you, and you as I see it is not necessary. What do you fuck brain people?

Back Off ... Its not like you have any reason for writing this nor earned any status here ... OK?

What is your problem? I don't understand a shit of this DOS and i ask for help, and the only thing you do it saying use send while i said it doesn't work?!

I made this topic because i need help, and instead of complaining, you could say what details you need.

Same for you, Clame down. It is partly your own fault you get the replies you do.

Be more specific in your questions. Most of it is much to vague as you can see in the replies.

The shown examples will work with a regular CMD window. Now tell us exactly what you are trying to do.

Jos

Edited by Jos
Fixed stupid typo according HWP :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Not WinActive("C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe","") Then WinActivate("C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe","")
WinWaitActive("C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe","")

Another consideration could be the title of the window that is open and the person who is asking the question could just use the Autoit V3 Window Info tool... Also if one action is working and not the other wouldn't the better be resolved seeing the source code used.

But my window thing seems wrong due to the fact one method works and not the other, the other consideration is if one way works why not just use it?

Please provide:

Screen shot

Source code

Other software being used.

So people can better help you, would be my suggestion.

Edited by jbsoccerbrit

Back Off ... Its not like you have any reason for writing this nor urned any status here ... OK?

Same for you, Clame down. It is partly your own fault you get the replies you do.

Be more specific in your questions. Most of it is much to vague as you can see in the replies.

The shown examples will work with a regular CMD window. Now tell us exactly what you are trying to do.

Jos

I got a DOS program i do the administration in, i get all my administartion in Excel and so useally i gotta retype ALL my excel

work in the DOS program, now i am trying to let a bot type all my cells into that program. So i tried that.

But the Send command, or the filewrite command's do not work when trying to send Words, it does seem to work for Enter.

More questions?

• Developers

I got a DOS program i do the administration in, i get all my administartion in Excel and so useally i gotta retype ALL my excel

work in the DOS program, now i am trying to let a bot type all my cells into that program. So i tried that.

But the Send command, or the filewrite command's do not work when trying to send Words, it does seem to work for Enter.

More questions?

Ok, so it doesn't work in program which is running in a CMD session. What DOS program are you talking about ? (Game/Accounting/????)

Are you sure that the field focus in the DOS program is correct when the SEND() becomes active?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Ok, so it doesn't work in program which is running in a CMD session. What DOS program are you talking about ? (Game/Accounting/????)

Are you sure that the field focus in the DOS program is correct when the SEND() becomes active?

Jos

It's an accounting program.

Yes, it's alright, i set a sleep 10000 first, i type 1 and then remove it to see if it's focused alright, and it is.

• Developers

It's an accounting program.

Yes, it's alright, i set a sleep 10000 first, i type 1 and then remove it to see if it's focused alright, and it is.

I mean the focus within the program.

When you click on the windows title to give the focus to the accounting program, can you then just start typing without any issue?

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

What kind of information do you get when you check the application window and input fields with au3info?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

What kind of information do you get when you check the application window and input fields with au3info?

Look in the Helpfile for more information about au3info. Just search for it :D

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Willk do, got kicked off my computer by my dad, lol =/

OK, now I'm curious... how old are you? Is English your native language?

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

I am from Holland and English is not my main language, i do speak it though as you can see, why do you ask?

Because your sentence structure is confusing at times... but it is far better than my Dutch. :-)

Let me see if I have this correct:

You get some info in a spreadsheet

You read the info

You manually type it into some other application window

(an application that you are calling DOS)

You want a script to help you do that task

You want the folks here to help you get it [the script] written

Correct?

Edited by herewasplato

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

• Developers

.. but it is far better than my Dutch. :-)

Can't say the same but know what you mean. Most native English people do not have the "foggiest" idea what it means to write in another language then your own. :D

Let me see if I have this correct:

You get some info in a spreadsheet

You read the info

You manually type it into some other application window

(an application that you are calling DOS)

You want a script to help you do that task

You want the folks here to help you get it [the script] written

Correct?

... and I would like to know which DOS accounting package you use ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

A typo with a great double meaning urn

Maybe you were/are ready to creamate this youngster.

Getting picky ... huh?

Ok... i meant ofcourse earned ... and no, do not have that kind of feelings when being on this forum.... :D

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I just needed a smile today :-)

I read that the first time and just smiled - but once the second lang... post came up, I could not resist sharing the smile with others. Thanks for being a good sport about it.

I'm with you - DOS accounting program???

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]