hi! im a newbie can you help me?

Sure.

Step 1) Open the help file

Step 2) Search the index until you have found what you think you would need

Step 3) Read the documentation on what you think you will need

Step 4) Think about where to fit this into your program

- Repeat this process from step 2 to step 4 until you are confident that you know all the functions you need to write your program.

Step 5) Create a new Au3 file and name it appropriately

Step 6) Open SciTe to edit the new help file

Step 7) Based on your previous research start writing the code you feel you should write

Step 8) Throw away your code because apparently it is not what you wanted anyway.

- Repeat this process from 5 to 8 until your application is finished, at which I point I strongly recommend not doing step 8 anymore.

Your application is finished. Nice job!

Look in the help file for things like:

While

WinActivate

MouseClick

1) Examine the examples for each

2) try to piece together something that works on your own

3) If you need more help, post what you tried and ask for some help (see the tips in my sig)

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

• Developers

can you also give me a example script??

i dont know where to start in my script..

i will try to edit your example script you give me... please?

This is not the way it works. You post questions about AutoIt3 in this forum, not script requests.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)