Overload a EXE?

Wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to overload a .exe and crash it. I do not want to use ProcessClose and I was looking into _WinAPI_WriteProcessMemory but not sure how to use it. If anyone else has any ideas that would be awesome.

Thanks!

Why exactly are you wanting to do this? What legit reason could you possibly have for wanting to crash an .exe?

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."

Why exactly are you wanting to do this? What legit reason could you possibly have for wanting to crash an .exe?

To recreate a error, for testing purposes, but I am not sure how to make it crash every time. Was thinking about filling up the memory with random numbers or something, but I do know.

Wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to overload a .exe and crash it. I do not want to use ProcessClose and I was looking into _WinAPI_WriteProcessMemory but not sure how to use it. If anyone else has any ideas that would be awesome.

Thanks!

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=90837

• Developers

Thanks for all the suggestions guys!

Where is this found in the Help File?

nowhere....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Did not think so, been looking couldn't find anything even close to that. Any other suggestions?

Why would you even think it should be in the helpfile?

The Helpfile is about explaining AutoIt3, its Keywords, Functions and Standard UDF's , not about crashing programs which is questionable in the first place as far as I am concerned.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

HANDLE CreateRemoteThread(

HANDLE  hProcess,   // handle to process to create thread in  
    LPSECURITY_ATTRIBUTES  lpThreadAttributes,  // address of thread security attributes 
    DWORD  dwStackSize, // initial thread stack size, in bytes
    LPTHREAD_START_ROUTINE  lpStartAddress, // address of thread function 
    LPVOID  lpParameter,    // address of argument for new thread  
    DWORD  dwCreationFlags, // creation flags 
    LPDWORD  lpThreadId     // address of returned thread identifier 
   );

It's failing to preform the call so it's not calling anything, and 'null' is meant to be [type:value] 'ptr', '', I guess.

Why would you even think it should be in the helpfile?

The Helpfile is about explaining AutoIt3, its Keywords, Functions and Standard UDF's , not about crashing programs which is questionable in the first place as far as I am concerned.

Jos

@monoceres and Authenticity

.... Why would you even think it should be in the helpers/MVP's spectrum!... after a post like that from Jos

I could see this one from the start! Threads like this can create MORE problems with malicious programs and Anti-Virus companies... There is enough problems already, That I am fighting everyday!

Yes, EVERYDAY!

8)

NEWHeader1.png

Come on guys, use your brains. Here's your first clue: Arbitrarily crashing a program is not the same thing as reproducing an error rendering the whole idea pointless.

Anyway, thread locked, we don't need this shit discussed here.