==> Variable must be of type "Object".:

E:\_Autoit Scripts\test.au3 (512) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:

$oIE.navigate("http://192.168.100.1")

$oIE^ ERROR

Local $oIE, $GUIActiveX, $GUI_Button_Back, $GUI_Button_Forward
Local $GUI_Button_Home, $GUI_Button_Stop, $msg
$oIE = ObjCreate("Shell.Explorer.2")
GUICreate("test", 1024, 758, 1, -20)
$GUIActiveX = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 1, -20, 1024, 778)
GUISetState() 
$oIE.navigate("http://192.168.100.1")
_IELoadWait($oIE)
Edited by supadodger

• Developers

why am i getting that error?

I knew that, but guess I am trying to tell you something. :D

You are creating a lot of threads the last few days "trowing" these type of posts at us and giving me the feeling you didn't do much research yourself.

Try to do some debugging yourself first and doing some research before posting a new thread.

In this case: your script runs fine for me leaving the last line out.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

In this case: your script runs fine for me leaving the last line out.

Jos

it does for me too.

You are creating a lot of threads the last few days "trowing" these type of posts at us and giving me the feeling you didn't do much research yourself.

Jos

where would i look to research this? im not asking for coding help and i see nothing wrong with any of my code.

thats why i came here.

ive spent 20 hours trying to fix this error so it sucks that you assume i didnt do much myself.

Try to do some debugging yourself first and doing some research before posting a new thread.

Jos

_ieloadwait is a built in function so how would i debug it?

Edited by supadodger

• Developers

shown error isn't on the last line but the line before that and I do not get an error on that line.

_ieloadwait is not a buildin function but an UDF located in ie.au3.

To research your issues you use the Forum search and Helpfile were a lot of information can be found.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

So look at the error message. "E:\_Autoit Scripts\test.au3 (512) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:"

What is it referring to? IS what it is referring to an onject at the time you code tries to access it? Did you check? Hint, look at the IsObj function. If it is or if it isn't, move to the next troubleshooting step.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble