Think i found a bug

i think i found a bug with the AU3Record 3.1, i went to the "report bugs"~ section, and it said what to include in the bug report, public bug reports, etc, BUT NoT how to actually post a bug o.0

anyways, the bug is

Have "Record Mouse" on.

Record that your "holding down CTRL" and while doing that, move your mouse somewhere and click

result:

Send("{CTRLDOWN}")
Send("MouseMove(1361,212)
MouseDown("left")
MouseUp("left")
Send("{CTRLUP}")

(check the 2'th Send)

any1 care opening a bug report? cus i cant find where to.. :D

• Developers

au3recorder is written by Larrydalooza, so mybe he wants to have a look at it, but creating a bug report will not help much to get this resolved.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Use the support forum first, then create a bug report if it doesn't turn out to be something dumb, like not closing the quotes or parens on the second line of your "script".

It's like reporting your breakthrough in cold fusion: It don't mean a'thang if someone else can't reproduce the results.

:D

Edit: I could hardly have misunderstood that more. Sorry for the useless comment.

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

@HansHenrik

I can confirm what you have observed

Holding the Ctrl key down whilst moving the mouse results in the invalid line 2 being generated.

The Send(" should not be there at all.

Send("{CTRLDOWN}")
Send("MouseMove(376,229)

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning."- Rick Cook

I think it is time I turn this over to the public.

I was hoping someone else would have written one of these that would become more popular and replace this.

The code is short really... and written when I had about 9 months of experience with my programming hobby.

Anyhow... stay tuned... I am going to try to get the PellesC project attached to this thread soon.

Lar.

f_mrcleansmalm_77ce002.jpgAutoIt has helped make me wealthy

• Developers

Thanks Larry for sharing your utility.

I had a look and think I found the issue when holding Alt/Shift/Control or WinKeys long enough for the repeat to kick and after that doing the MouseMove().

Uploaded an updated version of au3recorder.exe to the SciTE4AutoIt3 Beta directory.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 9 months later...

Thanks Larry for sharing your utility.

I had a look and think I found the issue when holding Alt/Shift/Control or WinKeys long enough for the repeat to kick and after that doing the MouseMove().

Uploaded an updated version of au3recorder.exe to the SciTE4AutoIt3 Beta directory.

Jos

404, did it change name or something?