Anti Procratination exe

I'm planning on making an anti procrastination exe, because sometimes I procrastinate when I am on the computer. I check facebook, youtube, blah blah and i know some people check twitter non stop.

I want to make an exe that will block all these sites on IE, firefox and chrome. So when I plan on working i start this exe and I will not be able to turn off this exe until I restart my computer. while the script is running, it will block all the sites that i don't want to go to. is this a good idea or is this something that is already been done?

<It Shall Be Done>

IMHO, not a good idea. If you build it, you will know how to circumvent it, and be right back where you started.

As a method though, you could easily obtain a list of the site addresses and then modify the hosts file to direct traffic for those sites to 127.0.0.1

Good Luck

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

I'm planning on making an anti procrastination exe, because sometimes I procrastinate when I am on the computer. I check facebook, youtube, blah blah and i know some people check twitter non stop.

I want to make an exe that will block all these sites on IE, firefox and chrome. So when I plan on working i start this exe and I will not be able to turn off this exe until I restart my computer. while the script is running, it will block all the sites that i don't want to go to. is this a good idea or is this something that is already been done?

This has been done and used in many specialized programs (including in viruses). Or maybe you want something else?

I had an excellent idea for scripting a function like this yesterday. When I get around to coding it, I'll post it here... maybe tomorrow.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

IMHO, not a good idea. If you build it, you will know how to circumvent it, and be right back where you started.

As a method though, you could easily obtain a list of the site addresses and then modify the hosts file to direct traffic for those sites to 127.0.0.1

Good Luck

well I was hoping that the only way to by pass is to restart my pc and everything would be fresh again unless i activate my noprocrastinate.exe. this is usually a large commitment for me since it takes 5 minute + for my pc to restart. this means that my exe should be be quitable while my pc is running and only exits itself when I restart

This has been done and used in many specialized programs (including in viruses). Or maybe you want something else?

I need more energy :D my life for Aiur!

<It Shall Be Done>