Text coordinates within the control

Rohith

Hello All,

I am a newbee to AutoIT and found it very interesting. I was trying to use this tool and automate few tasks. I am able to perform most of the task except a few.

Problem1 : I have a control where I need to get the text location and click on that text with in the specified control. Is there a function where I can get the text location(x1,y1 and x2,y2 values of pixels) with in the specified Control and perform the click action on the required pixel?

Problem2 : For the ControlTreeView, we do nto have an option for right clicking the mouse on the required Item as we have a contextual menu to the Item. Is there any work around for the same?

Edited by Rohith

If the location of the text is always in the same place on the screen, you can use the tool AutoItWindow in "Extras" to obtain the coordinator of the table and so use the MouseClick command.

But if the text message appears as a randomly like a drop item, I think that should determine the color of the letter and use the PixelSearch.

If your problem is not that, wait a few minutes we have some very good guys who always help the students :D

I read ... I update ... I learn ...

Thanks for the prompt reply FiOda :D.

Yes, the texts which is search for varies in its position and other thing i need to take care is that it runs smooth on other computers also (as the monitor sizes changes). So, it would be better if I can get the position of the required text during run time and click on the same.