Can you..?

I am wanting to create a Script which will watch a Chat box and if a certain word shows up, Pause the script, and Create a Message Box, How would I do that?

This is very vague and is along the lines of "show me how to write my script for me"

You should start by looking through the help file and the forums for examples of what you want to do, try some things out, and if you still have problems, ask for help on specific issues.

[u]You can download my projects at:[/u] Pulsar Software

This is very vague and is along the lines of "show me how to write my script for me"

You should start by looking through the help file and the forums for examples of what you want to do, try some things out, and if you still have problems, ask for help on specific issues.

Uhm, No it's not at all, I did not ask for anything but an Answer to a question. "Can you do it" I was simply wondering IF it is possible to do it with AutoIt.

I have looked in the help files, and I didn't really see anything that was what I am wanting to do. I will explain in more details, what I would like to do, Maybe you guys can point me in the right direction.

I play PokemonWorldOnline, Yes, its a Pokemon MMORPG, lol. Anyway, At the bottom of the game there is a Chat box, and when you encounter a Wild Pokemon it says eg. A Wild Pikachu Attacks, but When you encounter a Special pokemon a "SHINY" It says "A Wild SHINY Pikachu Attacks"

Now what I would like to do is make it so the script is "watching" the chat box, and if it finds the word "SHINY" It will pause the script and give me a Message box saying like "You found a SHINY" or something.

I can do most of it. I just need to know where I can find some good Documentain or Tuts or Help files to explain how to make the script "watch" the Chat box, If it is even possible Hence why that is what my First post was "Can you do this?"

I hope I explained it enough...

fyi. I just wanted to add, incase it crosses anybodys mind, This is not and will not be a cheat of any kind, The reason I am doing this is because alot of times I will be busy talking to people while "SHINY Hunting" that I will miss the "A Wild SHINY Attacks"

Hello, Thanks for the help. I was playing around with the Window Info Tool (Pic). No Idea what most of it means, lol, But I did manage to figure out that the Text in the chat box is not recongized at all, it doesn't show up as "Visible Text". and I tried this, To see if it could read the Chat box and It just returns what I have type in the Send box

$text = WinGetText("Pokemon World Online -", "")

MsgBox(0, "Text read was:", $text)

So maybe I am way off here, but Because it can't get the text form the box does that mean its going to be harder? :D

BTW, I did try the ControlGetText, but It did nothing..? I am going to keep playing with it

Edited by kingw

Hello, Thanks for the help. I was playing around with the Window Info Tool (Pic). No Idea what most of it means, lol, But I did manage to figure out that the Text in the chat box is not recongized at all, it doesn't show up as "Visible Text". and I tried this, To see if it could read the Chat box and It just returns what I have type in the Send box

So maybe I am way off here, but Because it can't get the text form the box does that mean its going to be harder? :D

BTW, I did try the ControlGetText, but It did nothing..? I am going to keep playing with it

read in helpfile

Msgbox

GUICtrlCreateInput

WinWaitActive

while wend

guicreate

i think if u go reading and trying with that commands in autoit then ur on the good way

goodluck