Pasting a variable

Good morning,

I have a bit of an issue I can't nut out. Is there a way to paste a variable instead of typing it?

Much like "Send(^v $CName1)" or something like it, or am I dreaming?

Thanks in advance.

what exactly are you trying to do?

Edit: Maybe ClipGet()?

Edited by maqleod
[u]You can download my projects at:[/u] Pulsar Software

what exactly are you trying to do?

Edit: Maybe ClipGet()?

Basically the user enters a name at the beginning of the script and the script then types that into a field in Excel. Though typing takes around 1 minute, actually pasting the name takes only seconds.

In fact, ClipPut and ClipGet might work nicely... I'll test it now and let you know how it goes.

EDIT: That worked a treat! You are a prince among men, Magleod!

Edited by Zombie1982

Basically the user enters a name at the beginning of the script and the script then types that into a field in Excel. Though typing takes around 1 minute, actually pasting the name takes only seconds.

In fact, ClipPut and ClipGet might work nicely... I'll test it now and let you know how it goes.

if you are using Excel, you should have a look at the Excel UDF in the help file, that will be a much more efficient means of writing data from an input into specified cells in a spreadsheet

[u]You can download my projects at:[/u] Pulsar Software

Just looking at that too. There a number of Excel UDFs round the place, http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=34302 is an active one.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]