How can I select multiple Elements in treeview having different paths?

Hi there,

I've got a treeview as shown below. I'd like to select the Elements Element1 and Element4 as a multiselect.

root1

---folder11

------folder111

---------Element1

root2

---folder21

------Element4

I managed to select Element1, but when I use ControlTreeView(..."Select", $pathToElement4) the result is that Element4 is selected, but Element1 is not.

I also tried to Send {CTRLDOWN} before using ControlTreeView(..."Select", $pathToElement4), but i got the same effect.

Could anyone please help me with this?

Hints, examples, etc. Everything is welcome...

Greets Alex

Hi there,

I've got a treeview as shown below. I'd like to select the Elements Element1 and Element4 as a multiselect.

root1

---folder11

------folder111

---------Element1

root2

---folder21

------Element4

I managed to select Element1, but when I use ControlTreeView(..."Select", $pathToElement4) the result is that Element4 is selected, but Element1 is not.

I also tried to Send {CTRLDOWN} before using ControlTreeView(..."Select", $pathToElement4), but i got the same effect.

Could anyone please help me with this?

Hints, examples, etc. Everything is welcome...

Greets Alex

Use the _GuiCtrlTreeView_* UDF functions (see help file). Especially _GUICtrlTreeView_SetSelected().

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Use the _GuiCtrlTreeView_* UDF functions (see help file). Especially _GUICtrlTreeView_SetSelected().

Hi PsaltyDS and others,

sorry, but I think I didn't make myself clear enough. I'll try again:

I don't use the AutoIt-Gui at all!!! So I don't think that I can use the _GuiCtrlTreeView_ functions. If I'm wrong please correct me!!;-)

I've got an Eclipse RPC with a navigation-treeview and I like to use my AutoIt-Script make a multiSelect on this navigation-tree as mentioned in my earlier post.

After the selction is done the script does some menuactivation in the RCP in order to start a file-export.

Any solutions on this?

Greets Alex

Hi PsaltyDS and others,

sorry, but I think I didn't make myself clear enough. I'll try again:

I don't use the AutoIt-Gui at all!!! So I don't think that I can use the _GuiCtrlTreeView_ functions. If I'm wrong please correct me!!;-)

I've got an Eclipse RPC with a navigation-treeview and I like to use my AutoIt-Script make a multiSelect on this navigation-tree as mentioned in my earlier post.

After the selction is done the script does some menuactivation in the RCP in order to start a file-export.

Any solutions on this?

Greets Alex

You are wrong about the AutoIt GUI.

The GuiTreeView.au3 UDF is primarily intended for use with third-part GUIs. Use ControlGetHandle() to get the handle to the parent treeview control, then use the _GuiTreeView_* functions to find the handles to the items you want (with things like _GUICtrlTreeView_FindItem()). Then use the item handles to set the selected state on those items with _GUICtrlTreeView_SetSelected().

What does AU3Info.exe show about your treeview control?

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

You are wrong about the AutoIt GUI.

The GuiTreeView.au3 UDF is primarily intended for use with third-part GUIs. Use ControlGetHandle() to get the handle to the parent treeview control, then use the _GuiTreeView_* functions to find the handles to the items you want (with things like _GUICtrlTreeView_FindItem()). Then use the item handles to set the selected state on those items with _GUICtrlTreeView_SetSelected().

What does AU3Info.exe show about your treeview control?

Thanks again PsaltyDS,

I managed my multiSelection now. I just didn't know that the GuiTreeView.au3 is intended to use that way.

Greets Alex

Edited by alexhaag