problems showing image with gdi+

leos

I am working on a GPS utility. I want to show only a part of a map (jpg image file on disk) into a form.

My script is working but not as i have expected:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

#include <GDIPlus.au3>

Global $hForm1, $hBitmap, $hGraphic, $nMsg

$hForm1 = GUICreate("Map", 700, 700, 100, 20)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hForm1)

_GDIPlus_Startup()

$hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromFile(@ScriptDir & "\bitmap.jpg"); create a bitmap object from file

$hGraphic = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND($hForm1); create a graphic object in form1

_GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage($hGraphic, $hBitmap, 0, 0); draws the bitmap image in the graphic

While 1

$nMsg=GUIGetMsg()

If $nMsg=$GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then

; Clean up resources

_GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hGraphic)

_GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hBitmap)

_WinAPI_DeleteObject($hBitmap)

; Shut down GDI+ library

_GDIPlus_Shutdown()

Exit

EndIf

WEnd

The problem is that the image shown in the graphic has not the same scale as the original image in the jpg file shown on screen by a graphic utility.

Image in the graph is something like 30% bigger than the source image and, because of the magnification, original image looses it's sharpness.

What can I do to keep the same image size in both contexts (Autoit GUI and size of the jpg image shown 100% size by usual graphic viewers like Irfanview, Paint..?

Edited by leos

I am working on a GPS utility. I want to show only a part of a map (jpg image file on disk) into a form.

My script is working but not as i have expected:

#include <GDIPlus.au3>

$hForm1 = GUICreate("Map", 700, 700, 100, 20)

_GDIPlus_Startup()

$hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromFile(@ScriptDir & "\bitmap.jpg"); create a bitmap object from file

$hGraphic = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND($hForm1); create a graphic object in form1

_GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage($hGraphic, $hBitmap, 0, 0); draws the bitmap image in the graphic

While 1

$nMsg=GUIGetMsg()

If $nMsg=$GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then

; Clean up resources

; Shut down GDI+ library

_GDIPlus_Shutdown()

Exit

EndIf

WEnd

The problem is that the image shown in the graphic has not the same scale as the original image in the jpg file shown on screen by a graphic utility.

Image in the graph is something like 30% bigger than the source image and, because of the magnification, original image looses it's sharpness.

What can I do to keep the same image size in both contexts (Autoit GUI and size of the jpg image shown 100% size by usual graphic viewers like Irfanview, Paint..?

I am not sure if this is a solution. It may help.

#include <GDIPlus.au3>

_GDIPlus_Startup()

$iX = _GDIPlus_ImageGetWidth($hBitmap)
$iY = _GDIPlus_ImageGetHeight($hBitmap)
;ConsoleWrite("$iX  = " & $iX & "  $iY  = " & $iY & @CRLF)

$hForm1 = GUICreate("Map", $iX, $iY, 100, 20)

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    If $nMsg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then
        ; Clean up resources
        ; Shut down GDI+ library
        _GDIPlus_Shutdown()
        Exit
    EndIf
WEnd

Thank's, but the problem is now, somehow, similar.

Now, both images are identical regarding vertical and horizontal size in pixels but now, the image from the form represents only a part of the image in the file.

My problem with gdi+ is that a bitmap image from a file, with horizontal dimension x pixels and vertical size y pixels is NOT represented in a form at same dimensions.

Edited later:

Problem solved.

The bitmap rescaling appeared due to the difference in resolution.

JPEG file resolution was 72dpi and screen resolution is 96dpi.

In that case, GDI+ functions (_GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromFile, _GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawImage) automatically scale the image when displaying it in a form.

After setting jpeg file resolution at 96dpi, the image of the file shown in form, constructed with GDI+ functions, is identical with

the image of the file shown by a graphical utility like Irfanview (at full size)

Edited by leos