How To Clear Temporary Internet Files?

hi everybody..

i could use some help with a scipt i'm on..

i want to download a file from a webspace..quite easy so far..

but i want to download it multiple times and it should not be the cached file but always the online-file. i tried to delete the file in the \..\temporary internet files (i use win xp).. but that won't work..i got the right path&filename(checked that with a msgbox) but the fileexists function returns a 0.. so my filedelete does not succeed, too..

any ideas how i can wether delete the temp file or make the download function bypass the cached file?

thx 4 help :whistle:

hi everybody..

i could use some help with a scipt i'm on..

i want to download a file from a webspace..quite easy so far..

but i want to download it multiple times and it should not be the cached file but always the online-file. i tried to delete the file in the \..\temporary internet files (i use win xp).. but that won't work..i got the right path&filename(checked that with a msgbox) but the fileexists function returns a 0.. so my filedelete does not succeed, too..

any ideas how i can wether delete the temp file or make the download function bypass the cached file?

thx 4 help B)

A trick given by Jon to me is add "?new=XYZ" to the filename changing XYZ each time I use Random to generate XYZ so now I am always OK.

I fogure out to to that with a new parameter of UrlDownloadtoFile but it is very tricky so do it as I do in your script and you will be OK as me :whistle:

thx a lot..looks like it is working now..

but i dunno why ..*g*..the file labeled as the original file still exists in the temp dir..but seems like the script though bypasses it.. B)

anyway..exactly what i wanted it to do thx :whistle:

---

gotta correct this one :angry:

i now have a constant data connection open to the remote host, but it is only 0.5k/sec..instead of 70 or more..

if i delete the temp file manually i get the result wanted..

Edited by dainsleif