Unable To Script Synaptics Software Removal

I have a fleet of computers that we remove the Synaptics Touchpad driver from on each computer prep. Previously I've had the command line to remove the driver inside a batch file that I'd start and then just click through the uninstall prompts. I'd like to incorporate this uninstall command line into my AutoIt prep process now but can not find out how. Here is the command line called in the batch file (this also works from Start > Run):

rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynISDLL.dll",standAloneUninstall

As you can see with the quotations right there in the middle I have my first problem. No matter what examples I try to find or manipulate I can not get this to work. So, I come now to you for any hopeful suggestions whatever they may be.

Thank you for your time and your suggestions.

Hi and welcome, U can try run('') or shellexecute('')

there are 2 types of quotes 'singlequotes' and "double quotes" you can use single quotes in double quotes and double quotes in single quotes.

'rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynISDLL.dll",standAloneUninstall'

OR

'rundll32.exe 'C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynISDLL.dll',standAloneUninstall"

OR you can also use chr()

'rundll32.exe '&Chr(34)&'C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynISDLL.dll'&Chr(34)&',standAloneUninstall '

edited

Hi and welcome, U can try run('') or shellexecute('')

there are 2 types of quotes 'singlequotes' and "double quotes" you can use single quotes in double quotes and double quotes in single quotes.

'rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynISDLL.dll",standAloneUninstall'

OR

'rundll32.exe 'C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynISDLL.dll',standAloneUninstall"

OR you can also use chr()

'rundll32.exe '&Chr(34)&'C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynISDLL.dll'&Chr(34)&',standAloneUninstall '

Thank you very much for the suggestions. Unfortunetely none of them returned a working result. When executing the script I receive the following error:

---------------------------

rundll32.exe 'C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynISDLL.dll',standAloneUninstall

-----Unfortunately----------------------

Windows cannot find 'rundll32.exe 'C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynISDLL.dll',standAloneUninstall'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

OK

Thank you very much for the suggestions. Unfortunetely none of them returned a working result. When executing the script I receive the following error:

rundll32.exe 'C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynISDLL.dll',standAloneUninstall

-----Unfortunately----------------------

Windows cannot find 'rundll32.exe 'C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynISDLL.dll',standAloneUninstall'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

OK

Just for further clarification, the error message does not display the quotations exactly as I have them in the script.

Just for further clarification, the error message does not display the quotations exactly as I have them in the script.

Well it's not the solution I'd originally hoped for but it does however work and work flawlessly each time.

Send("{LWIN}")

Sleep(1000)

Send("r")

Sleep(1000)

Send('rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynISDLL.dll",standAloneUninstall')

Sleep(1000)

Send("{ENTER}")

I hope this helps anyone else in a similar situation. =)

• 4 years later...

Here is the solution of synaptics software:

The uninstall : "rundll32.exe 'C:Program FilesSynapticsSynTPSynISDLL.dll',standAloneUninstall" works but you will get a pop up with "OK" and "Cancel".

To be able to uninstall silent you have to change "standAloneUninstall" with  "SilentUninstall_CallerWillReboot".

Finaly is this the command:

rundll32.exe 'C:Program FilesSynapticsSynTPSynISDLL.dll',SilentUninstall_CallerWillReboot

@Ylber - Probably a bit late in the day to offer further help to User0101, but it may help someone else I guess.

I suspect that the use of the less than ideal solution, may have been due to a lack of path for "rundll32.exe", for which a working directory (or change to such) may have also been necessary. Some Windows commands are fussy ... some even requiring _RunDos or using Comspec.

I'm presuming he tried ->

ShellExecute(@SystemDir & "rundll32.exe", '"C:Program FilesSynapticsSynTPSynISDLL.dll",standAloneUninstall', @SystemDir, "open")

with maybe doing a FileChangeDir("C:Program FilesSynapticsSynTP") first?

Sometimes these things can be very much trial and error until you hit on the right combination.

There is always one that works I find.

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png