Change the way a Windows Service Logs on

Hello everyone,

I have a Windows XP machine that already has a windows service created that is set to "log on as" the local system account upon login.

My question....is there an easy way to set that the service to "log on as" a different local user account I have setup on the machine versus the local system account upon logon?

I have admin rights to the machine so I was thinking it should be a simple thing, but I can't find what I'm looking for in the autoit forums.

Any example code would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

Hello everyone,

I have a Windows XP machine that already has a windows service created that is set to "log on as" the local system account upon login.

My question....is there an easy way to set that the service to "log on as" a different local user account I have setup on the machine versus the local system account upon logon?

I have admin rights to the machine so I was thinking it should be a simple thing, but I can't find what I'm looking for in the autoit forums.

Any example code would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

Use the Win32_Service COM interface and the .change method.

There are examples already posted, you might search the forum for scripts using Win32_Service.

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law