SOLVED --- get FileVersion in code

I am trying to get the version of ...Res_FileVersion to output to my screen OR my EXEs version but when I use FileGetVersion I always get AutoIT's version, I tried a variety of "stringname" and not found it yet :D

This is cut down but you get the idea, what I want is in the lower left corner to display is 0.91.0.4 and not 3.3.10

CODE
; *** Start added by AutoIt3Wrapper ***

#include <EditConstants.au3>

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

; *** End added by AutoIt3Wrapper ***

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=0.91.0.4

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion_AutoIncrement=y

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Add_Constants=n

#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

#include <GuiEdit.au3>

Opt("TrayIconHide", 1)

GUICreate("Map Drive", 280, 150)

GuiCtrlCreateLabel(filegetversion(@AutoItExe,"Fileversion"), 1, 137, 30, 15) ;try and keep this up to date so you can keep track of which version is out in the wild.

GuiCtrlCreateLabel("User name:", 20, 15, 60, 20)

$username_cf = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 90, 10, 180, 20)

GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Password:", 20, 40, 60, 20)

$password_cf = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 90, 40, 180, 20, $ES_PASSWORD)

$connect_cf = GUICtrlCreateButton("Connect!", 60, 80, 80, 25)

$cancel_cf = GUICtrlCreateButton("Cancel", 160, 80, 80, 25)

GUISetState()

While 1

$msg = GUIGetMsg()

If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE or $msg = $cancel_cf Then ExitLoop

Select

Case $msg = $connect_cf

Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ;not needed anymore due to if clause above ?

ExitLoop

EndSelect

WEnd

Edited by mikeyr

Isn't there a way to get this ? I am not sure what Forumer is trying to say because it is not giving the result I want (or I would not have asked for help :D )

My exe has the correct version and that is what I need to display, I often forget to update the version when i release the software so I want to get it and display it.

Maybe I was not clear the first time, what I want to display is VERSION 0.91.0.4 and NOT 3.3.1 from autoit version, the EXE has the correct version when I do a "properties" on it.

Edited by mikeyr

• Developers

Have you installed the full version of SciTE4AutoIt3?

That is required as that run AutoIt3Wrapper which does the Resource Update.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Have you installed the full version of SciTE4AutoIt3?

I thought I had, pretty sure I did. In windows if I right-mouse click on my EXE it does give me version 0.9,etc... doesn't that mean that I have the full version and it did its thing ? I just reloaded the full version and got the same results...

********** EDIT SOLVED... when running from the Editor it gives you the AutoIT version, if you run FROM THE EXE it works, makes sense but I was running from the editor ************

Edited by mikeyr

• Developers

I thought I had, pretty sure I did. In windows if I right-mouse click on my EXE it does give me version 0.9,etc... doesn't that mean that I have the full version and it did its thing ? How would I check ? I was thinking that since Windows showed me the correct version that the EXE was correct. I have the full SciTEAutoIT3 install file here so I must have done it since the versions are changing in the EXE...will try a re-install right now, I really need this solved :D

I just copied your code into a script. compiled it and ran the output EXE.

This showed me the Version as defined in the Script.

You say that Explorer shows the correct version?

What OS are you running?

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I just copied your code into a script. compiled it and ran the output EXE.

This showed me the Version as defined in the Script.

Yes, we typed in the answer at the same time, I have to run FROM the EXE to get the proper results, duh, it makes sense now that I think about it. I was running from the editor.

Now how do I mark this thread solved :D

If @Compiled Then
    $FileVersion = "Ver: " & filegetversion(@AutoItExe,"Fileversion")
Else
    $FileVersion = "Au3 Ver: " & filegetversion(@AutoItExe,"Fileversion")
EndIf

Opt("TrayIconHide", 1)

GUICreate("Map Drive", 280, 150)

GuiCtrlCreateLabel($FileVersion, 1, 137, 100, 15) ;try and keep this up to date so you can keep track of which version is out in the wild.

This will do the trick , and to mark solved , i just go to first post, edit it and add a tag [solved] to the title :-)

Though i dont use edit box, i have scanning functionality specific to few viruses, the version i would use is attached herewith. :-)

> Gives user the information which drives were scanned

> if the media is not mounted properly, or the drive is unavailable then user will be notified (typically media not properly inserted into card reader would make the user feel his card is free from autorun viruses- this is a common case i see now adays autorun viruses get distributed in ALL REMOVABLE MEDIA not just flash drives.. ( i know thats why u came up with this:D ) my bad ....<sorry>

_SCanforAutorun_inf.au3

Edited by rajeshontheweb