pixel search..more problems

Is there a way to speed up pixel search? Maybe make it search only every other pixel or say every 5 pixels?

The problem I am having is Ive gotten my script to find the pixel I need but I need it to find it within a certain time frame and it only finds in within the time frame maybe 1 out of 6-8 times. Ive reduced the search area to the smallest portion of the screen I can(about 1/8 the screen) and ive tried with searching for the exact color and also tried searching with say 10 shades, 20,40,60 of variance. Nothing seems to help. My only thought it to make it search every other pixel or say every 5 to speed it up..is this possible?

Is there a way to speed up pixel search?  Maybe make it search only every other pixel or say every 5 pixels?

The problem I am having is Ive gotten my script to find the pixel I need but I need it to find it within a certain time frame and it only finds in within the time frame maybe 1 out of 6-8 times.  Ive reduced the search area to the smallest portion of the screen I can(about 1/8 the screen) and ive tried with searching for the exact color and also tried searching with say 10 shades, 20,40,60 of variance.  Nothing seems to help.  My only thought it to make it search every other pixel or say every 5 to speed it up..is this possible?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The best thing I can say is "RTFM"

PixelSearch ( left, top, right, bottom, color [, shade-variation] [, step] )

I've highlighted the key component.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

The best thing I can say is "RTFM"

PixelSearch ( left, top, right, bottom, color [, shade-variation] [, step] )

I've highlighted the key component.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And sorry about the RTFM.. I swore I looked there. I have been search for several answer and been unable to find the answer in the manual and I thought this was one that wasnt covered. Again my apologies

And sorry about the RTFM.. I swore I looked there.  I have been search for several answer and been unable to find the answer in the manual and I thought this was one that wasnt covered.  Again my apologies

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL. No worries. I miss stuff all the time and get pretty much the same response when I do it.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache