AutoComplete with Space not working anymore

Just today, my autocomplete (SciTE 1.77) stopped working when I type in something like CW then hit the space bar. Using ctrl-B does the expansion properly. I've searched a lot and checked the config files but they're complex beyond my full understanding. What could have caused autocomplete to not expand my abbreviations with the space bar?

Edited by wysocki

• Developers

That is done by a LUA function, so my first guess would be you don't have the Full version of SciTE4AutoIt3.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

So when you type "SS" it colors RED and then hitting space nothing happens, but hitting Ctrl+B expands it to "StringSplit()"?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Hmm, not really sure what's a LUA or not. But If I select "Jump to Func Prod" in the TOOLS menu nothing happens (even if my cursor is on a UDF function call). Also List Functions does nothing. Should it? I couldn't find anything on these items in the help file so I'm not sure how to use them. I found a file in another thread that was supposed to fix some LUA autocomplete issues (AutoItAutoComplete.lua) but it didn't fix the problem either.

• Developers

Are you running on Vista?

Do you have enough rights to the SciTE directory?

Can you zip up the following files and PM them to me so I can see if anything look wrong:

SciTE\SciTEGlobal.properties

SciTE\properties\au3.properties

$userdatadir$\SciTEUser.properties (can be found by clicking Options/Open User Options File.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Are you running on Vista?

Do you have enough rights to the SciTE directory?

Can you zip up the following files and PM them to me so I can see if anything look wrong:

SciTE\SciTEGlobal.properties

SciTE\properties\au3.properties

$userdatadir$\SciTEUser.properties (can be found by clicking Options/Open User Options File.

Jos

Jos:

Thanks a million for your support via PM. It's now working fine.

As you discovered, I somehow had the wrong version of SciTE running, the help file about said "SciTEAutoIt" not "ScuTE". Although to me the first one looks like the more complete package. When I downloaded the new package to reinstall, I was confused by the wording on the download page as to what was the "complete" package. Not quite understanding the difference and relationship between SciTE and AutoIt, I just downloaded the first package. My bad. Maybe the page should explain more for the newbie to get them to download the right stuff. For the complete "package" you need to download #1 and #2 on the download page.

Anyway, that still doesn't explain why my installation worked one day but not the next, but I'm glad I have it all up to date now.

Thanks again for all your help.