Determine pointer angle from minin map

Hi there,

For experimental purposes, I'm trying to determine a character heading angle in a game by examining the mini map. It looks like the following:

Posted Image

Now, I need it to look at the point of the pointer. If I am able to get the location of that point, I am able to convert it to an angle. However, I am unsure how to get the position of the point of the pointer as showed in the screenshot (in that example it should return something around 0 degrees).

I wonder if anyone can help me. A simple PixelSearch does not seem to work.

Edited by tom13

First off how big is the screen in which you'll do this? All you need to do is setup a 0,0 mark where you are and increment it by each pixel so now you got a graph. Can you turn right on a dime, does it take some time to turn, if it does is there a calculation for you turning. Is there a system already in the game to tell you your current location? Is there a north, south, west and east?

First off if you can get the angle and turned then all you need to do is checking your status till you can get to it. However I believe your having trouble with your turning, check it twice through-out turning till you become within range of it directly straight from you range can be anything within range 3-10 degrees as you'll check it each and everytime you go back to this calculation. I would say checking it to make sure your going straight toward itif your off then do your calculation and turning again, if still alright however this time reduce the range down to 1-5 till you get to 0

0x576520616C6C206469652C206C697665206C69666520617320696620796F75207765726520696E20746865206C617374207365636F6E642E

First off how big is the screen in which you'll do this? All you need to do is setup a 0,0 mark where you are and increment it by each pixel so now you got a graph. Can you turn right on a dime, does it take some time to turn, if it does is there a calculation for you turning. Is there a system already in the game to tell you your current location? Is there a north, south, west and east?

First off if you can get the angle and turned then all you need to do is checking your status till you can get to it. However I believe your having trouble with your turning, check it twice through-out turning till you become within range of it directly straight from you range can be anything within range 3-10 degrees as you'll check it each and everytime you go back to this calculation. I would say checking it to make sure your going straight toward itif your off then do your calculation and turning again, if still alright however this time reduce the range down to 1-5 till you get to 0

Ehm, the screen is 1680x1050, however the mini map is as big as the example image. The pointer is of course always in the middle, and I need to know in what direction it is pointing. As far as I know, you did not tell me how to find that out.

The game is not giving me my current location or angle in any other way but the mini map.

I just need to know the location of the pixel of the point of the pointer, the rest I can do myself.