About _IsPressed

Hello,

I have a huge script using _IsPressed for every control and action and I just noticed this in the Help File :

If calling this function repeatidly, should open 'user32.dll' and pass in handle.

Make sure to close at end of script

What's the use of doing this ?

Thanks.

It speeds it up a little. Since the api _IsPressed is calling (GetAsyncKeyState) resides in user32 the UDF have to reopen it all the time to call the function. If you open it yourself it doesn't need too. However the speed impact of not opening it is not as big as people seem to think, because user32 is always loaded in autoit processes by default, so when the udf opens the dll again it just increment the internal reference count.

More info here.

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

to check if a certain event is called..say a keypress..

Ok, because in my code I had something messy like this...

While Not _IsPressed($_XButton1) And Not _IsPressed($_End); Loop ends with XButton1 or End

[...]

While Not (_IsPressed($_LButton) And Not _IsPressed($_Ctrl)) And Not (_IsPressed($_Enter) And Not _IsPressed($_Alt)) And Not _IsPressed($_XButton1) And Not _IsPressed($_End)

[...]

While _IsPressed($_LButton) Or  (_IsPressed($_Alt) And (_IsPressed($_Left) Or _IsPressed($_Up) Or _IsPressed($_Right) Or _IsPressed($_Down)))

[...]

So now I did this...

Func OnAutoItExit()
    [...]
    DllClose($dll)
EndFunc

Global $dll = DllOpen("user32.dll")

While Not _IsPressed($_XButton1, $dll) And Not _IsPressed($_End, $dll); Loop ends with XButton1 or End

[...]

While Not (_IsPressed($_LButton, $dll) And Not _IsPressed($_Ctrl, $dll)) And Not (_IsPressed($_Enter, $dll) And Not _IsPressed($_Alt, $dll)) And Not _IsPressed($_XButton1, $dll) And Not _IsPressed($_End, $dll)

[...]

While _IsPressed($_LButton, $dll) Or  (_IsPressed($_Alt, $dll) And (_IsPressed($_Left, $dll) Or _IsPressed($_Up, $dll) Or _IsPressed($_Right, $dll) Or _IsPressed($_Down, $dll)))

[...]

Sounds OK ?

_Ispressed() works everytime for me even when i DONT open the DLL

ah... multiplatform codes... or multiplatform Dlls... in any case YOUR right haha, i guess ill add DLLopen() in my scripts JUST to be GREEN :D