WIndows mouse cursor status change to wait.

A quick question folks.

I have a .net app to automate. depending on the amount of data present in the form, the form loading can take a few seconds.

Currently i am using a while loop with the MouseGetCursor command. ie. wait while cursor=egg timer.

however this feels somewhat inelegant to me and i want to delve a bit bit lower level than this.

can anyone tell me, what parameters or causes make the mouse cursor change to the wait symbol?

I'd rather use the lower level os process to pause my script.

regards

Rishav

You can look at MSDN to see what function does it, then use the DLL functions to interface from it within AutoIt.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

actually i was looking for the name of that function. I tried searching for it, but either i got irrelevant stuff or huge tech stuff that went over my head.

Can anyone give me some names/keywords as a starting point?

• Moderators

actually i was looking for the name of that function. I tried searching for it, but either i got irrelevant stuff or huge tech stuff that went over my head.

Can anyone give me some names/keywords as a starting point?

I'd like to see the stuff "over your head".

It only makes sense that the programmer has given you a window of opportunity, setting the cursor type, to use it.

You could possibly even use WaitForSingleObject API to wait for a cursor change, but that's not much different than your loop.

You could check controls that aren't enabled or filled with info until after it's loaded, but that would involve looping the control to validate info.

So with that in mind... I'd like to see the other alternatives you've found.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I'd like to see the stuff "over your head".

It only makes sense that the programmer has given you a window of opportunity, setting the cursor type, to use it.

You could possibly even use WaitForSingleObject API to wait for a cursor change, but that's not much different than your loop.

You could check controls that aren't enabled or filled with info until after it's loaded, but that would involve looping the control to validate info.

So with that in mind... I'd like to see the other alternatives you've found.

thanks for the reply. I am not much interested in the implementation as my current code functions quite adequately. I am more interested in knowing how does windows decide that some program is executing/ locked and changes the cursor icon. i have recently started out in autoit and doubt i can actually make all that work, anyway. it was just something i was curious about.

coming to your inquiry of the stuff that i searched,

i mostly found useless articles telling me how to change the mouse cursors and such.

i did find some more complex stuff but it seemed like they were more concerned about changing the cursor type in .net.

i am sorry but i can't really give you the alternatives without googling all the stuff all over again.

all in all, you WaitForSingleObject function is a good point to start reading. thanks.

in case, you feel that i was being lazy by asking a question without researching it decently beforehand, you may be right. sorry about it, but my searches didn't give me anything that was interesting.