How Would I Search For a Forum That Has CheckBoxes In It..?

Using the _IE Functions, How Would I Search For a Forum that doesn't have a name or an ID in a WebPage That Has CheckBoxes In It, and Then give that forum a Variable Name..??

What...?

:D

Perhaps try the _IE_Example() examples?

:o

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

i just need to get an object reference to a forum that contains checkboxes inside of it, how would i do this..??

Perhaps you mean "Form" vice "Forum", and then you would use _IEFormGetCollection() with a 0-based index.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

yeah sorry bout that i did mean "FORM" been up for quite a while and zoning out.. :D:o

But there a more than 1 forms on the webpage and there are no names for any of the forms.

So i need to get an object reference to the only form on the page that contains checkboxes inside of it..

is there anyway to do this at all without knowing what the 0-Based Index of the Form is..??

yeah sorry bout that i did mean "FORM" been up for quite a while and zoning out.. :o:D

But there a more than 1 forms on the webpage and there are no names for any of the forms.

So i need to get an object reference to the only form on the page that contains checkboxes inside of it..

is there anyway to do this at all without knowing what the 0-Based Index of the Form is..??

If you know which form index it is, then just use the 0-based index (i.e. 2 = third form).

Otherwise:

Get the collection of all forms with _IEFormGetCollection() and loop through the forms. For each form, get the collection of "input" tags with _IETagNameGetCollection() and loop through those looking for $oInput.type = "checkbox".

Edited by PsaltyDS

how do you loop through the collection of "input" tags with _IETagNameGetCollection() and then loop through those looking for $oInput.type = "checkbox"..??

what would the code look like for this...??

this is what i got so far..

$GetForms  = _IEFormGetCollection($IE)
$iNumForms = @extended

For $i = 0 to $iNumForms - 1
    $oForm = _IEFormGetCollection ($IE, $i)
    _IETagNameGetCollection($oForm, "input")

Next

how do you loop through the collection of "input" tags with _IETagNameGetCollection() and then loop through those looking for $oInput.type = "checkbox"..??

what would the code look like for this...??

this is what i got so far..

$GetForms  = _IEFormGetCollection($IE)
$iNumForms = @extended

For $i = 0 to $iNumForms - 1
    $oForm = _IEFormGetCollection ($IE, $i)
    _IETagNameGetCollection($oForm, "input")

Next
More like this:
$colForms = _IEFormGetCollection($IE)
$iForm = 0
For $oForm In $colForms
    $colInputs = _IETagNameGetCollection($oForm, "input")
    $iInput = 0
    For $oInput In $colInputs
        If $oInput.type = "checkbox" Then
            MsgBox(64, "Found", "Found a check box at:" & @CRLF & _
                    "Form index = " & $iForm & @CRLF & _
                    "Input tag index = " & $iInput)
            ExitLoop 2
        EndIf
        $iInput += 1
    Next
    $iForm += 1
Next

sweet thanx..

Is there anyway to do this after you find the form with the checkboxes.??

So once it finds the form with checkboxes, it then unticks them all, and if there is an input type of "text" in the form then it fills it in with the website URL and then submits the form...

$colForms = _IEFormGetCollection($IE)
$iForm = 0
For $oForm In $colForms
    $colInputs = _IETagNameGetCollection($oForm, "input")
    $iInput = 0
    For $oInput In $colInputs
        If $oInput.type = "checkbox" Then

$oInput.checked = False
               If $oInput.type = "text" Then $Input.value = "www.website.com"
               _IEFormSubmit($oForm)

ExitLoop 2
        EndIf
        $iInput += 1
    Next
    $iForm += 1
Next