Capture & Process Keystrokes

I am trying to set keyboard shortcuts which involve the windows key / flag key. All the function and programs I have tried for setting these have some limitations or bugs, which are caused by conflicts with Windows. Is there any way to capture all keyboard activity while the windows key is pressed down, preventing the events from passing through to the operating system, but still being able to assign them to keyboard shortcuts? Or, if you know of a different way of accomplishing this, please let me know.

Thanks,

BTH

• Moderators

I am trying to set keyboard shortcuts which involve the windows key / flag key. All the function and programs I have tried for setting these have some limitations or bugs, which are caused by conflicts with Windows. Is there any way to capture all keyboard activity while the windows key is pressed down, preventing the events from passing through to the operating system, but still being able to assign them to keyboard shortcuts? Or, if you know of a different way of accomplishing this, please let me know.

Thanks,

BTH

Why would you need to over-ride windows defaults?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Is there any way to capture all keyboard activity

Regardless of your intentions, this sends up a red flag. I won't help you with that particular method.

However, I looked at your previous posts and your purpose appears to be consistent.

You can try this to disable the default Win+{key} combinations...

The page is geared toward Vista, but I know it works on XP as well.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/77881-windows-hotkeys.html

@SmOke_N: I've used this to replace the Run dialog with my own launcher, and assign new functionality to Win+D combo since Win+M/Win+Shift+M do the job. (better, imho)

Also, there are potential vulnerabilities around Win+U, but I won't get into that here.

[font="Tahoma"]"Tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties"[/font]

keylogging is not allowed even TALKING about it is frowned upon.. so please keep the malicouse programming to a minnimum of NULL!

and if this is toward a project that is about changing the system hotkeys.. then.. yeah

• Moderators

keylogging is not allowed even TALKING about it is frowned upon.. so please keep the malicouse programming to a minnimum of NULL!

and if this is toward a project that is about changing the system hotkeys.. then.. yeah

Although I'm sure your intentions are for the good of the forum. Please refrain from posting in such posts with factual statements (until you are 100% sure they are indeed factual) and you learn proper grammar.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

i know my grammar is terrible.. and i apologize.. it DOES sound like a keylogger, and im just tired of people thinking Autoit is only good for Boting or keylogging...

However, I looked at your previous posts and your purpose appears to be consistent.

You can try this to disable the default Win+{key} combinations...

The page is geared toward Vista, but I know it works on XP as well.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/77881-windows-hotkeys.html

The problem with the above method is that it does not disable all the Windows hotkeys (Win+U, Win+L), and does not prevent the start menu from opening when the Win key is pressed. In XP I was able to separately disable Win+U, Win+L, and then use isPressed to assign those hotkeys. In 32bit OSs I am able to use WinKey Kill to block the start menu from opening when the Winkey is pressed. In 64bit Vista / Win7 neither of these work.

I also have more problems with the alt key in Vista / Win7, but seem to have gotten around that by using the code given here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...c=90492&hl=

If you have any other suggestions please let me know.

Thanks,

BTH